The Azure Sphere OS team is looking for a Program Manager to help deliver the most secured and highly-innovative on-chip software stacks available in the IoT space. We expect the software built from this role to run on millions, if not billions of IoT devices in the future -- the impact will change the industry. Key characteristics of a PM for this role include being a strong collaborator who can build relationships through trust, design software fearlessly, and engage intentionally with kindness and inclusivity. This team on Azure Sphere is responsible for developing the operating system, the networking stack, the application framework, and ensuring the software on the chip is secured. This PM role sits at the intersection of the Azure Sphere product and in this role you will not only have cross-team interactions across engineering, but also with key stakeholders, product planning, and customers.
Billions of MCU based devices are shipped every year, and the Azure Sphere team is building a turnkey secured platform (Silicon, OS, and Services) for the Internet of things. Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to MCU based devices, and Azure Sphere will safeguard that future! Our team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
* 3+ years of experience in Program Management with an emphasis on operating systems, networking, or embedded/firmware engineering.
* BA/BS or MS Degree in technical field, Informatics, or 6 years equivalent experience.
* Experience managing the full range of software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
* Experience with IoT development.
* Proven ability to lead through ambiguity while partnering across organizations.
* Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion
* Scope, plan, and specify scenarios and features within a cross-functional team.
* Gather and communicate requirements and drive alignment across the team and stakeholders.
* Negotiate between engineering, product planning, and customers to build a short and long-term roadmap.
* Communicate, based on audience, using the right mix of technical/non-technical and/or written/verbal methods.
* Define exit criteria and validate end-to-end scenarios related to product functionality.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.