Program Management Specialist- Control Account Manager
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
The CAM is responsible for the planning, coordination and achievement of all work within a Control Account. He/she is accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account performance. The CAM coordinates with project team leads, members, and Functional Management (such as procurement, finance, engineering, and operations) for Control Account planning and execution. The CAM works with these organizations to manage their assigned resources and ensures planned activities within the Control Account are completed on schedule and within budget. The CAM:
* Reports status to internal stakeholders as required by the project. * Explains significant variations in cost and schedule, plans and implements mitigation steps. * Identifies risks & opportunities, requests budget changes, and updates forecasts as needed. * Supports project team meetings, project reviews, and customer events, etc.
Control Account Manager Responsibilities:
* Create an accurate and executable baseline plan for the assigned Control Account(s) * Ensure the accuracy of the Statement of Work (SOW) and the Work executable baseline plan for the assigned Control Account: Breakdown Structure (WBS) Dictionary * Ensure the entire work scope is reflected in the Control Account Plan (CAP) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). * Establish and maintain realistic and executable time-phased Control Account and Work Package budgets within budgetary targets. * Assure the scheduled activities for the Control Account have realistic durations and are networked in a logical sequence representative of the work being performed, accomplishing work scope as efficiently as possible. * When possible, work with the team to develop meaningful technical and programmatic metrics. * Approve the Work Authorization Document (WAD) and authorize Functional Management to execute to the CAP. * Justify the CAP as needed during internal and external project reviews and audits * Work closely with Program Management to ensure accurate labor and material forecasting.
* Maintain and manage an accurate baseline and forecast during project execution: * Provide analysis of past Earned Value Management status, project future performance and create a plan for execution of future scope. * Status the IMS on a weekly basis and ensure scheduled activities meet their milestones. * Employ the baseline change control process as necessary for any revisions to the Control Account's baseline scope, schedule, or cost. * Manage risk for assigned control accounts and develop mitigation strategies to mitigate cost growth and develop a realistic Estimate at Complete (EAC). * Manage the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the assigned Control Account(s) and Work Packages, determining and assigning corrective actions as needed. * Revise the forecast in the IMS to reflect the latest information * Maintain the Estimate-to-Complete (ETC) for the remaining Control Account(s) and Work Packages effort * Work closely with Functional Management to secure needed resources. * Review all resource charges to the Control Account/Work Packages and assure their accuracy. Take corrective action if required. * Maintain an awareness of Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) and Subcontract Data Requirement List (SDRL) items and other applicable contract deliverables within their Control Account. * Provide frequent and meaningful communication to the PM and the project team on Control Account work. Communication should include face-to-face discussions as well as data reporting information. * Work with their team to identify potential technical and programmatic risks and make effective use of risk management tools, alerting the PM and project team in a timely manner. * Proactively manage all subcontractor effort which affects the Control Account performance.
* Support customer meetings and data requests pertaining to the Control Account effort. * Maintain CAM artifacts and backup data as needed for audit purposes (e.g. Quantifiable Backup Data). Create and maintain documents in the Project data repository as required. * Prepare meaningful Control Account variance analyses (cost, schedule, and technical). * Develop, implement, and manage action items and corrective actions (financial, schedule, and technical-related), as appropriate. * Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, contractual requirements, and all applicable regulations and laws.
The following are the essential competencies sought for the CAM position:
* Good judgment, decision making, analytical skills * Leadership * Adaptability * Excellent interpersonal skills * Planning and resource management * Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills * Initiative taking * Basic to intermediate project management skills * Basic financial knowledge * Strategic focus/vision
B.S./B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Math or a technical field.
* Experience in project execution domain
* Experience in planning, scheduling, and budgeting
* Experience in analyzing data, reading reports, and reporting information
* Experience working with or alongside technical teams
* Knowledge and understanding of Earned Value concepts and their application
* Ability to work with and manage people
* Ability to create useful reports, effective correspondence
* Ability to communicate clearly to team members and management
* PC literacy; experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
Special Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a security clearance.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.