Job ID 00000118277 Date posted 06/28/2019 Location Berkeley, Missouri, United States Company The Boeing Company
The Boeing Company is seeking a Mid-Level Integrated Program Planner for a St Louis based Proprietary program. This Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) program is part of the Phantom Works Division.
Position Responsibilities include:
* Development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
* Integrating discrete activities of internal and external teams including supplier schedules to provide a comprehensive view of the programs execution plan
* Establishing task interdependencies and leading schedule integration meetings
* Performing critical path, float analysis and schedule risk analysis to provide program management with actionable information about program performance and risks
* Performing schedule impact analyses related to change requests and incorporating approved changes and ensuring configuration control of the IMS
* Presenting schedule analysis results and recommendations to program management
* Analysis of schedule change requests and support of the IMS change management
* Providing Program Start-Up Assist
* Providing training and mentoring to lower level employees.
* Knowledge of foundational Program Planning Products including the Master Assumptions List (MAL), High Level Flow (HLF), Master Phasing Plan, Deliverables List, Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM), and the Integrated Master Plan (IMP)
* Ensuring program schedules, products, and activities fully support the Enterprise Standard Gated Process (ESGP) and Executability Risk Assessment (ERA) process.
Representative Major Tasks include:
* Performs program studies (rate, planning, etc) on moderately complex programs by gathering, analyzing and integrating major program elements to provide high-level capability and capacity visibility of key resources.
* Collects work statement, sequence, required inputs and products, expected durations and creates a schedule. Integrates the plans and coordinates with stakeholders.
* Reviews moderately complex proposed or authorized changes (ie: Work statement, Budget, Schedule, etc) for completeness and accuracy and determines the impact on the applicable planning and scheduling baselines. Ensures revision control of integrated program plans and schedule documents.
* Performs schedule related risk and opportunity analysis on moderately complex statements of work to assess schedule completeness and executability. Identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts and presents recommendations to leadership.
* Extracts moderately complex product and process data from planning, scheduling and change related processes. Provides visibility to leadership by interpreting and presenting information in order to facilitate and integrate process and product improvements.
* Reviews, analyzes, and prioritizes detailed schedule performance related issues /delinquencies using standard tools. Identifies downstream impacts and report's findings to leadership for re-planning where appropriate. Negotiates and resolves moderately complex issues as required.
* Performs the integration and maintenance of program architecture documents on moderately complex programs, including: Deliverables List, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM), and Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS) in support of Program-wide detailed planning and scheduling activities.
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, possess strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal communication skills. Candidate should also have the aptitude and desire to work closely with engineering, manufacturing, finance, and other disciplines to understand the impact of each organization on program execution and use that information to provide actionable, value added products to IP&S customers. Flexibility, initiative, detail orientation, and adaptability are all essential requirements to successfully perform in this environment. Must be able to work independently in a secured/closed environment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Experience using project management principles and industry best practices (PMBOK), including a thorough understanding of the project management life cycle, knowledge areas, and tools
* Experience in a finance, scheduling, industrial engineering, change management, strategy, program management, or project management role
* Experience as Master Scheduler
* Experience in applying Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and analysis
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.