The Enterprise Operations Division is responsible for managing large scale transformation projects and programs that satisfy regulatory compliance and risk or issue remediation objectives for Freddie Mac.
Programs managed by the group typically have enterprise-wide scope and scale and require coordination across multiple divisions. These multi-year programs include multiple workstreams that entail strategy and planning, business process improvement, defining and implementing technology enhancements, and establishment of new organizational units.
The Group is currently seeking a Program Management Manager to drive a Resiliency Transformation initiative. Working with a team of subject matter experts from Enterprise Operations and other business and service organizations, the incumbent will be responsible for driving day-to-day program operations.
You work will fall into three primary categories:
* Manage transformation program execution including:
* Leading strategic program planning, integrated timeline development, funding requirements, and program-level change control process
* Manage and track program-level action items, issues, and risks. Follow up on open items to ensure resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
* Manage required program artifacts consistent with Freddie Mac document management policy
* Provide progress and status toward business objectives to senior management on a regular cadence
* Support ad hoc requests for information for senior management, oversight groups, etc.
* Manage project scope, schedule and budget for assigned projects
* Manage and track action items, issues, and risks associated with assigned projects. Follow up on open items to ensure resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
* Maintain a clear and accurate view of status and keep management appropriately informed on regular basis
* Analyze new process improvements and technology enhancement opportunities identified by business sponsors and assess impacts on business area operations, including impacts from processes and capabilities or changes in up and downstream systems
* Define and execute an operational readiness and transition plan
* Define success criteria and effectiveness measures to ensure business objectives are achieved and transitioned to sustainable operations. Facilitate resolution of obstacles that arise to drive adoption and outcome achievement forward
* Work with business area leads to develop user acceptance strategies, transition plans, and operational metrics, and support execution of BAU transition
* 5-7 years program management, project management, or business analyst experience
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Financial Services experience preferred)
* Prosci certification or major change management / operational readiness experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to solicit feedback from stakeholders and document detailed business objectives and outcomes
* Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently while driving assignments from concept through deployment/launch
* Ability to support multiple concurrent efforts/projects in various capacities (lead one while supporting another)
* Demonstrated master of standard program and project management techniques, including business case development; program design and planning and management of a matrixed team to complete planned objectives
* Very strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop and present information in a way that enables decision making across various audience levels
* Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity and the ability to resolve conflict while preserving relationships
* Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment requiring effective management of competing deadlines and priorities
* Strong attention to detail and well-organized
* Self-starter, motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and a fast learner
* Experience in the mortgage services industry is strongly preferred; experience working within other divisions of Freddie Mac preferred
Keys to Success in this Role
* Deliver assigned objectives on time, managing stakeholder expectations along the way
* Anticipate risks and manage issues; proactively seek and resolve problems
* Build and maintain a collaborative and productive team culture across a matrixed group
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
* Drive for Execution - Be a self-starter who will own and be accountable for successful delivery of workstream objectives
* Partnership - Effectively collaborate with and influence colleagues across the enterprise
* Seek and Embrace Change - Be an effective change agent within Freddie Mac, proactively seeking out ways to improve the way we work
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.