The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes that help MongoDB engineers make the best software possible.
As a Program Management Coordinator, you will partner with 1-2 Program Managers to execute these processes. While doing so you will learn about the ins and outs of software development, preparing you to take ownership of your own teams.
The right candidate for this role will be
* Experienced with 1-2 years in a work environment requiring extreme attention to detail
* Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of coworkers
* Hyper-organized and capable of juggling data associated with multiple projects at once
* A systems thinker with a demonstrated skill for understanding the interrelated functioning of a human organization
* Interested in learning all about:
* Agile best practices, including where they can and should be applied
* Scripting and work automation
* Database technology
* Driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency
* Trained in working with some project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
* Partner with Program Managers to execute the processes that inform the daily life of our engineers
* Identify problems or bottlenecks in our process and work with Program Managers to propose solutions
* Ramp quickly on the most common software development methodologies
* Learn everything possible about databases and associated tooling
* In 3 months you'll be independently executing tasks to assist Program Managers
* e.g. scheduling/running meetings, maintaining JIRA, onboarding engineers, etc
* In 6 months you'll be trained in agile development, including how and why MongoDB's processes are similar and different from Scrum, Kanban, etc
* In 12 months you'll have taken ownership of one team under guidance of an existing Program Manager
* MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*
MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data.