Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to manage work streams within our fast growing U.S. National Security Program Management Office. The program office (PMO) team is responsible for managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, task orders, maintaining the program's integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance and IV&V functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of program management and technical business development professionals in pursuing new and overseeing existing US Government contract requirements, milestones, and deliverables. As a Program Execution Manager, you will spend the majority of your time partnering with technical business leaders (such as hardware and software engineering leaders, and technical program managers) to develop and implement a comprehensive program management framework for large Federal programs.
The role requires subject matter expertise, technical program management, and technical business development experience to incorporate technical requirements into commercial transactions and effectively structure, facilitate, and close deals, and manage tactical program activities in accordance with existing contract performance criteria. You will draw upon extensive information technology centric project management, critical thinking, and analytic problem solving skills coupled with business development and executive communication skills within the US Intelligence Community or US Department of Defense communities.
* Align program priorities and resources to the needs of the broader Intelligence Community
* Focus on winning large recompete efforts in 2018-2023
* Meet regularly with Amazon internal service teams to develop effective methods for assuring timely delivery of contract commitments.
* Meet regularly with external Intelligence Community customers to solicit and aggregate community-level requirements, translating to internal service team "demand signals"
* Develop and maintain high level work plans, risk management plans and schedules.
* Develop and execute effective methods of communication among AWS and government stakeholders.
* Lead operational and contract performance discussions with customer stakeholders through formal program performance reviews and technical planning meetings.
* Participate in long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts.
* Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
* Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
* Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.