What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM)Program Area Engineer (PAE)isresponsiblefor the engineeringexecutionofallprogramsandpursuitswithin the IS Business.Theprimaryresponsibilitiesareengineeringcost,technical,andscheduleperformanceonallprograms and pursuits, and managinganddevelopingtheProgramEngineers (PEs) assigned to work IS business.TheISMissionAreaisbiddingandexecutingProgramtypesthatspanallofIIS to includedevelopment,COTSintegration,sustainment,services, and production.
* Reports functionally to the CSMMission Area CE * ProgrammaticallysupportstheCSM Mission Area ChiefEngineerandtheassociatedbusinessDirectors in CSM * Alignedto strategicobjectivesofthe IS businessareadirector, and the IIS EngineeringOrganization * Developandsetgoalsanddirectionsfor the CSM PEorganizationalignedwithPE, CSM, and IIS goalsandobjectives * Monitoranddrive excellenceinengineeringcost,schedule,and technical performance * EscalateCSM program or pursuitrelated execution issues to the associatedBusinessDirectorand/or the CSM Mission Area ChiefEngineerandProgramEngineeringDisciplineManager(PEDM)asappropriate for resolution * CoachanddevelopPEs andadvancethe execution capability within CSM * Ensureallprogramsareexecutedinaccordancewiththeir tailoringofthe IIS CommonProcessArchitecture (EPIC) andRaytheonIntegratedProductDevelopment System (IPDS) * Reviewandensureprogramsareexecutingengineeringscopeto anachievableEstimateatCompletion * EnsurePEsareprovidingaccuratestaffingforecaststo facilitatediscipline staffplanning * Reviewprogramexecutionon all CSM programs on a periodic basis through Engineering Program Reviews * RepresentEngineeringinEACReviewsforeachofthe programs in CSM up to authorized limits. * ChairEngineeringBidReviewsforeachoftheprograms in CSMfor bidsthatqualify fortheir approval * Approvalauthorityforexecutiongates(6-10)forCSMprograms up to authorizedlimits * CoordinateEngineeringStaffingfortheISprogramsandpursuits (beyond BT-2) * ProvideEngineeringStaffing forecasts for non-firm(probable) work * Provideinputsforthe PEpipeline for filling future PEopenings * Reviewmonthlymetricsfor each CSM programtoidentifysystemicissuesandidentifyexecutionchanges to addressthem * Ensure allprogramsareprovidingaccurateandtimelystatusreports to stakeholders * Provide performance development inputs for CSM PEs * Collaboratesand fosterstrongrelationships with MissionArea Technical Directorate(MATD,Sub-MissionAreaTDs,CSMMissionAreaSystemsEngineer, CSM Mission DevelopmentEngineers,andChief Engineers
* 12+yearsofapplicableexperience(preferablyIIS relevantbusinessexperience,andinternational pursuit and programexecution experience) * Significantsuccessfulexperiencemanagingprogramexecution anddevelopingandapprovingsoundbids.Prefer some significant experiencewithInternational FFP contracts * Provenabilityto performwithlittledirectionandoversight * Provenabilitytoleadandmanagemulti-disciplineeffortsandcoordinatewithengineeringdisciplinemanagement * Strong written andverbalcommunication skills * Ableto representissuesandresolution to seniorleadership * Experiencewithpersonnelmanagementofexperienced employees * Strong EVMSskills, EVMScertification * Sometravelrequired;Musthavewillingnessandability to travel asrequired * IPDS knowledgeable * Strongleadershipskills.Mustbeabletonavigatecomplexcircumstancesandprovidepathforwardforteamswherenecessary.Willingtomakedifficultcallsbased onsoundrationaleandexperience while notalienatingteams.
* StrongPMskills,ProgramLeadershipcertifications.Capture Managementcerts a plus. * Riskand Opportunityleadership * Managementofemployeesinmultiple,geographically separated locations * Capture or capture engineering experience * Program Engineering experience * IIS CommonProcessArchitectureknowledge,including engineering processes and measures * Abletodevelopandimplementtransformationalroadmapof activitiesforEngineering team to align with Mission Area Objectives. * AbilitytoleadEngineeringteamsacrossmultiplesites/regions
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelorof Science Degree in a Technical Major.
* Active SecretClearance
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.