Description:• Primary role is member of the F-35 Prognostics & Health Management (PHM) Advanced Analytics Team
* Primary responsibility is to advance the F-35 PHM analysis capability F-35 Fleet Analytics Search Tool (F-35 FAST) by implementing solutions utilizing systems engineering principles to design and implement the data life-cycle to; collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed to enable team members to efficiently conduct analyses and mature PHM performance. The data engineer will clearly document and define PHM data available for analysis and maintain standards and best practices to ensure the architecture can efficiently support required data growth.
* Additional responsibilities may include maturing the F-35 Vehicle or Mission Systems PHM capability by analyzing the aircraft systems/subsystems design, PHM design, actual PHM performance, and working with system owners to develop required corrective actions.
* Primary Tasks include coordination with the F-35 PHM and Information Technology (IT) teams to implement and sustain required PHM data for analysis in a big data infrastructure. The engineer will sustain the existing Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes and implement updates to expand data available for analysis.
* Additional tasks include analysis of vast quantities of machine data collected from aircraft. The data engineer will generate and mature engineering data for isolating and troubleshooting sub-system fault codes and identify nuisance or correlated diagnostic fault codes to mature system performance.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
* One or more of the following languages: SAS, SQL, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Flume, Python, R
* Database systems (SQL/NO SQL)
* Demonstrated experience with modern enterprise data architectures (i.e. distributed data architecture) and the associated data toolsets (i.e. Hadoop)
* Distributed Data Systems (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Spark)
* Expertise in Data modeling
* Demonstrated experience with ETL process and data validation tasks
* Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
* Expertise in Extraction, Transformation and Load tools
* Experience with the following: Scripting, Java, Ruby, C++, Perl, SAS, Matlab, SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, SPSS, R, XML, Impala, Flume, Oracle, SQL Server
* F-35 Program Experience
* Experience with F-35 Mission or Vehicle Systems subsystems
* Experience with working in a dynamic, diverse team environment
* Team player with excellent organizational skills
* Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.