Want to work on some of the most cutting-edge technology in the entertainment industry? Want to bring joy to those who want to watch whatever they want to watch, virtually wherever and whenever they want? Join us!
AT&T's Media & Entertainment group provides an incredible video entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. The technology we develop is accessed across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of video on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones worldwide. We deliver this near flawless experience thanks to a team of expert developers who build amazing software on a massive scale, with infrastructure that powers everything from content acquisition, encryption, encoding to streaming, search, and much more! Our teams are the masterminds behind AT&T's products like NFL Sunday Ticket and DIRECTV NOW.
Leave a mark
Work for a Fortune 10 company on one of the most exciting video streaming service products in the world.
Play a big part in the success of AT&T while helping transform the tech scene in Los Angeles (not to mention mobile development across the world!).
Grow and be part of something big
In the role of Software Development Engineer in Test using software development best practices (Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), CI/CD, TDD) you'll create incredible software at a massive scale using Java. As a SDET for AT&T, you'll:
* Develop, enhance, and maintain automation tests for web services, Google voice client applications and framework libraries, using various frameworks like Appium, Android instrumentation tests.
* Create unit, functional, regression and performance tests
* Help identify code coverage gaps and develop quality automation code to fill the gaps.
* We are a community that supports personal growth, learning and continuous improvement through external tuition reimbursement, AT&T's own University, Lunch & Learns and team organized hack-a-thons. Our teams are actively involved in most major conferences and tech meetups in Los Angeles.
* We're also a gold member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF); an open source software foundation dedicated to making cloud native computing universal and sustainable.
As part of a small scrum team, you will personally make impactful decisions on how we will build our products!
What to expect
You'll be on a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, builds, deploys, tests and supports all aspects of the services we provide to millions of customers worldwide. As a global organization, you'll be part of a development team and collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones!
In our org, we are moving away from narrowly defined roles to allow everyone to work on all aspects of their product and to try out new things.
We're a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and we embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
What you bring to the team
* Strong technology foundation, unrelenting sense of pride in your work and excellent troubleshooting skills
* End to end ownership mindset and a passion for learning
* Proactive, problem-solving abilities with a deep desire to improve, innovate, challenge and change
* Fantastic interpersonal skills and motivation to work together to solve problems
* 5 years of experience with Java, bonus points if you have experience working with Android/Google Voice
* Excellent knowledge of Web services, Android, and Appium
* Solid understanding of Object-Oriented technology, Design Patterns
* Experience building and designing test cases using test methodologies
* Experience with Test Runners (TestNG), Test case management tools (like QMetry/JIRA)
* Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Job ID 1917183 Date posted 06/17/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.