With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed - The Digital Performance Company - provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers - including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Title: Performance ConsultantInitial Location: Remote/Home OfficeClearance Level: US CitizenInitial Travel Requirement: 30% - 40%Technology Specialization: SteelCentral (NPM)
* Serve as an expert in cloud migration, WAN optimization, networking and application performance, and/or applications delivery, utilizing Riverbed's complete Application Performance portfolio
* Provide specialized planning and design expertise in data center consolidation and data migration, network configuration and analysis, application performance troubleshooting and/or optimization
* Analyze and understand customer's IT organization, requirements and processes, and use this knowledge to assist in achieving full adoption and utilization of Riverbed's solutions to maximize ROI and business value
* Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
* Produce solutions to fulfill customer needs within budget and schedule constraints
* Work directly with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to achieve project goals
* BS/MS degree in a technical field, or equivalent military or career experience
* Experience in professional services, technical consulting, or network engineering/operations preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, drive IT projects forward in large organizations, and translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
* Self-motivated and capable of high performance under minimal supervision
* Excellent business writing and presentation skills
* Professionalism appropriate for working with Fortune 500 clients
* Passion for teamwork and contributing to a world-class Professional Services team which values excellence, execution, and integrity
Desired Technical Skills:
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network design, protocols, components and operations; multi-tier application architectures; and/or the internal workings of J2EE and .NET
* Strong knowledge of web application architecture and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2) and/or Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows)
* Installation and configuration experience with ESX, VMFS, storage sub-systems, cache architectures and windowing systems
* Experience with protocol analyzers, WireShark, NetFlow and/or packet analysis
* Knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages (ruby, perl, RESTful APIs)
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Riverbed Technology
Riverbed provides application performance infrastructure solutions.