About AutoGrid Systems:
At AutoGrid, you will join a team helping to accelerate the world's transition to a clean, affordable and reliable energy system. We're a growing and award-winning clean-technology company driving the fundamental transformation of the electrical grid into a distributed, decarbonized and digitized network of connected assets. You will collaborate with a team of world-class software, data and energy experts working at the forefront of advanced data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and high-performance computing. With more than 5,000 megawatts of flexible capacity under contract with energy companies around the globe, our solutions give you an opportunity to make a real-world impact. If you are passionate about using technology to improve society and love a fun, fast-paced work culture with opportunities for continuous learning and advancement, you will love AutoGrid.
About the Professional Services Engineering Team:
AutoGrid's Professional Services Engineering Team works with leading power utilities across the globe to deliver our cloud-based energy management solutions, provide software and solution enhancements, and integrate our products with our customers IT infrastructure.
Members of the Professional Services Engineering Team are responsible for configuring our AutoGrid FLEX software to meet customer specific use-cases and developing system enterprise grade integrations. These enhancements may be applicable to only one customer or needed as a roadmap acceleration initiative which will later be included in the core product.
As such, Professional Services Engineer's work is both demanding and highly rewarding as the services have high impact on AutoGrid's and our customers mission-critical performance.
The Professional Services Engineering team is responsible for:
* Configuring software for customers
* Defining use cases for custom requirements
* Scoping the work to implement use cases
* Implementation of use cases
* Testing of end to end solutions
* Training customers as needed
* Assisting in the analysis and resolution of field issues when escalated by customer support
* Upgrading of software periodically to introduce new functionality
* Maintaining and enhancing integration with third-party hardware and software
* Working with Product Management, Engineering, and QA to improve software functionality and quality
Professional Services Engineer- Job Responsibilities:
* Interface with customer business managers and operators to understand the business objectives and then be able to translate these to technical requirements to enable their specific solution
* Designs technical solutions that address customer requirements, balancing single customer use vs. multiple customer use of same solution
* Assists and actively participates in the implementation of custom solutions, including networking configuration, scripts development and special system configuration
* Reviews and implements complex scripts in python, shell and other programming languages
* Understand the integration layers between data sources, customer systems, device vendor clouds, etc. and build scripts and connectors as necessary between various systems
* Produces documentation for customers and internal audiences, such as functional description and detailed design documents for complex custom solutions
* Advanced troubleshooting skills and analytical skills for figuring out the root cause for the on-field/ production issues
* Query and manipulate data to generate custom reports that unlock additional value from customer data
* Participate in user acceptance testing
* BS in engineering, computer science, or other STEM fields
* 3+ years of experience functioning in a business analyst/consultant or technical support engineer role
* Experience working onsite at customer locations and gather requirements and translate them into service tickets for product development and testing or systems integration or professional services
* Experience working in an agile software delivery model, including Kanban
* Familiarity with scripting in a Linux environment to manage large data sets
* Solid understanding of data structures, coding standards, best practices, and software design
* Experience with enterprise IT systems such as Message Bus/Queues, Service Oriented Architecture
* Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, especially time-series data
* Experience with REST APIs
* Proficient in Python, Ruby-on-Rails or any object oriented language
* Experience with common cloud platforms such as AWS
* Strong communication and organizational skills, working with cross-functional teams and analytic capabilities
Nice to Have:
* Understanding of the mechanics and economics of demand response, demand-side management and distributed energy resources (DERs)
* Experience with SaaS software within Utilities space
* Experience with SCADA and IoT infrastructure and related protocols such as DNP3, Modbus, OpenADR, IEEE-2030.5
* Experience with common cloud communication services such as Twilio, Sendgrid, etc.
* Familiarity with big data frameworks including Hadoop/MapReduce, HDFS, HBase or Hive
* Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau or Looker
* Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
* Proven experience working in a dynamic startup environment
AutoGrid organizes energy data and employs big data analytics to generate real-time predictions that create actionable data.