Edelman Financial Engines is America's largest independent investment advisor. Our mission is to bring comprehensive financial help to every American. We serve more than a million customers with the goal of reaching 10 million customers with our services.
Are you a client-focused individual who loves a challenge? We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Professional Services Engineer.
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will be in charge of ensuring successful implementation and integration of our quality solutions/services to our client base resulting in higher client satisfaction and clients for life. This is an exciting hands-on technical position.
You have a passion for problem-solving and a strong desire for partnering with customers. You are a self-motivated individual who takes pride in their ability to deliver high-quality solutions to their customers. You're looking for an opportunity to be at the forefront of the cloud revolution and process a strong technical and analytical background with experience supporting cloud computing products, services and solutions. You Will: Design, develop, and implement custom solutions. You will be part of a highly visible team delivering the best stuff we build to our customers.
* Technical customer facing/contact
* Involvement with identifying business goals and objectives
* Advise our product management and business counterparts on technical solutions to meet the client's needs
* Tackle complex technical challenges and make them easy to understand for a non-technical audience
* Negotiate business and technical requirements
* Provide technical guidance and leadership to companies interfacing with EFE's platform
* Build and ship secure, scalable, reliable code
* Build new products and extend/customize/configure existing products to meet customer needs
* Improve speed and quality of product delivery by building or enhancing tools and processes
* BS or MS in computer science or equivalent
* 2+ years of experience writing RESTful APIs in Java.
* Hands-on experience building React JS applications is a plus.
* Excellent client facing skills
* Professional services engineering skills
* Great written and oral communications
* Build and test features in java
* Build and test cloud-based microservices
* Experience working with SQL databases
* Fluent in web security protocols including SOAP/REST API and SSO interfaces
* Knowledge of AWS framework is a plus
* Quick, Self-learner, able to lead a project from beginning to end independently
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors - not just the wealthy - deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron's with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and FinancialEngines.com.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
About Financial Engines
Financial Engines is an online investment manager providing retirement account services for individuals.