We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
Has your current job become stale? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology? Are you interested in performance-based career progression? Because Citrix continues to rapidly grow, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to join our Citrix Consulting Services team as a Consultant in with Top Secret SCI w/FSP Security Clearance in Washington, DC area.
Citrix Consulting has been an integral part of Citrix for 10 years and is continuously looking for IT consultants with strategic, enterprise deployment experience. Our dynamic and energetic Services organization provides the quickest path to virtualization for our enterprise customers. Through our proven methodology and project-based approach, Consulting drives successful implementations through focused onsite project teams and direct customer interaction. Citrix Consultants undergo a rigorous initial training program, as well as ongoing training for emerging products, focusing on key Citrix technologies and industry adopted certifications.
As a Citrix Consultant, you will be engaged on either customer facing or internal professional services engagements. You often lead the technical aspects and the development of project deliverables of internal projects (system integration, whitepapers, scalability, and performance tests) to a large extent and can lead standard customer engagements of low to medium complexity. You are responsible for continuing to develop the foundation skills of consulting and becoming proficient with one or more relevant technologies. Being a Citrix Consultant requires an individual to utilize their skills in the consulting methodology, server-based computing concepts, documentation standards and organization, time management, Citrix products and technologies, software installation, and networking skills on internal Consulting Solutions assignments or client engagements. You must be able to individually solve problems proactively and seek help from more experienced team members or other available sources (i.e. knowledge base, manuals, etc.) when necessary. You should be a team player that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study manuals, and point of need training. Good written and verbal communication skills are also required.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
* The Consultant works on internal and customer facing consulting projects of low-to-medium complexity with significant responsibilities for completion of entire project sections. Consultants also lead \"standard\" projects of low complexity.
* Emerges as a significant contributor and leader on project efforts, with the ability to assume responsibility/ownership for entire project components.
* Grows technical capacity beyond the core Citrix products and underlying technologies. Able to breakdown complex problems into manageable pieces and follow a structured process to resolve them.
* Holds teammates accountable for their commitments and helps coordinate team activities to ensure task completion.
* Stays up to date on the latest tools, methods, and measures both within Citrix and in the industry.
* Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input.
* Talks openly with others, inside and outside of the company, about the things happening at Citrix.
* Prioritizes and focuses on what is most important for their individual deliverables, with consideration for the impact on team deliverables.
* Thinks and acts in terms of "We," rather than "Us vs. Them"
* Top Secret SCI/Full Scope Poly Security Clearance
* Bachelor of Science from an accredited university or equivalent experience
* 1-3 years of experience as a Senior Consultant or equivalent experience.
* Positive customer service attitude
* Willing to travel 20% of the time within the US with majority of travel local to MD, DC, & VA.
* CCEA and MCSE/MCITP certifications preferred
* Experience with Citrix products such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Hypervisor or experience with other related Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V or VMware products is desired.
* Capable of planning and leading all aspects of basic and intermediate projects.
* Proficient in the aspects of project launch and closure.
* Ability to act as technical expert
* Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
* Proactively seek ways to expand technical knowledge
* Possesses professional maturity and presence
* Good technical, problem solving, and communication skills.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
","industry":"Consulting","title":"Professional Services Consultant-Virtualization (TS/SCI w/ FSP)","datePosted":"2019-04-22T00:00:00","@context":"http://schema.org","occupationalCategory":"Professional Services/Cloud Adoption"}Professional Services Consultant-Virtualization (TS/SCI w/ FSP) in Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America | Professional Services/Cloud Adoption at citrix Job Description
Share this Opportunity
Citrix Systems is a cloud company focused on providing networking, virtualization and remote access software applications.