About this role
Strava is looking for an exceptional Productivity Engineer to level up how our product engineers work. This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of automated testing, build, deploy, release and operations.
Strava ships our mobile and web clients frequently. Our platform runs entirely on AWS, made up of a microservice architecture behind a large Rails application. Services are primarily written in Scala, with the majority of software running on in containers on Mesos, Marathon, and Docker. The PE team builds and integrates tools to make all of this easy. We automate away toil, codify best practices, and make software development easy, safe, and fun.. In short, we empower our engineering teams to go as fast as possible..
You are excited about this role because you will:
* Build and integrate capabilities across a broad domain of problems-build, deploy, test, release-across mobile, frontend and backend.
* Provide visibility into the product development process by generating data at each step of the way that customers can use to make informed decisions
* Have an out-sized impact on product development velocity by empowering all engineering teams to go faster, more reliably
You will be successful here by:
* Being highly self-motivated and self-starting, with exceptional attention to detail
* Building empathy for your customers by developing a deep understanding of the product development process end-to-end
* Evaluating trade-offs and effectively prioritizing tasks for yourself and within your team, in alignment with tactical goals, strategic initiatives, and company objectives
* Seeking out engineering solutions to problems and eschewing toil
We're excited about you because you have experience with:
* Continuous integration environments, writing testable software, and test-driven development
* The fundamentals of Git and modern principles of deploying software in containers across multiple teams
* Release engineering, build engineering, test automation, and/or DevOps
* Empowering engineers to understand, track and mitigate bugs
* Programming expertly in at least one language (ideally with Scala, Python, Ruby and/or a JVM-based language)
* Troubleshooting complex technical problems and resolving them
* A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Improvisation and flexibility-rote processes won't always work here, so bring your bag of tricks
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving - we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you're ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners, Jackson Square Ventures, and Go4it, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is a company that operates an online network that connects the global community of athletes.