The Production Support Specialist II is responsible for providing analysis and second-tier support for the business areas assigned to them. The position involves, but is not limited to, supporting 3rd party applications, the analysis and resolution of issues, and supporting the testing and migration of defect fixes to production. This position involves coordination with the other departments, business partners, and outside vendors in order to provide customer support.
* Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements to eliminate future issues.
* Provide applications second-tier support for systems issue resolution including after-hours support as assigned, and participating in an on-call rotation.
* Implement business software and provide systems administration set-up and configuration.
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex business problems.
* Provide application administration and configuration.
* Open and manage tickets via ServiceNow and JIRA tickets.
* Coordinate with development teams and projects BSAs on software interfaces used by supported business applications.
* Work closely with internal business units to resolve defects.
* Develop departmental process flows and process/ procedure documentation.
* Perform planning, coordination and management of multiple, sometimes overlapping issues.
* Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business application software packages.
* Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and defect statues.
* Design and create production and ad-hoc reports.
* Advanced knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
* Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
* Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards and best practices
* Knowledgeable of best practices in information technology governance and regulatory landscape for financial institutions
* Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures
* Working knowledge of the consumer loan business
* Working knowledge of all system applications
* Working knowledge of the Corporate Business solution environment
* Significant experience in a large and complex business environment
* In-depth knowledge of security frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000, NIST, FFIEC, etc.)
* Knowledge of security frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000, NIST, FFIEC, etc.)
* Knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
* Advanced knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
* Advanced working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
* Working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
* Ability to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand, Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support
* Advanced ability to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand, Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
* Good in the use of Microsoft Office software
* Strong in the use of Microsoft Office software
* Deadline oriented
* Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives
* Ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes
* Strong ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes
* Ability to interact with staff at all levels
* Excellent writing and speaking skills
* Good writing and speaking skills
* Writing and speaking skills
* Strong people skills
* Good people skills
* Must be a self-starter and able to manage the investigations function with minimal supervision
* Experience with data visualization concepts and tools
* Advance experience with data visualization concepts and tools
* Advanced computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
* Good computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
* Computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
* Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise
* Ability to work directly with senior level management
* High School Diploma with equivalent experience required
* Associate Degree in computer studies or related business area preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in computer studies or related business area preferred
* 2-4 Years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems. Required
* 3-5 Years support, analysis and implementation experience in an IT environment. Experience in a related business area preferred. Required
* Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to stressful situations;normal office environment;Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours, weekends and holidays;Work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime;Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems
About Gm Financial
GM Financial is the captive finance company.