Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
DPS organization is responsible for developing and supporting data integration applications spanning across multiple lines of businesses within the bank. The team designs, builds, deploys and supports ETL (Informatica & Datastage) applications/platforms and BI (Cognos, Business Objects & Microstrategy) applications/platforms.
Currently looking for a self-starting individual who is motivated and eager to learn and grow as part of a team responsible for the production support of IIS (Datastage) applications and administration of the platforms.
The candidate's responsibilities would include:
* Install, setup, monitor and maintain IBM InfoSphere Information Server in MPP and GRID Setups (Preferred IBM IIS 9.x and 11.x on Linux)
* Performing IBM IIS Patch Maintenance's
* Monitor and Maintain WebSphere Application servers (WAS ND) with respect to IBM IIS
* Perform Advanced ETL administration tasks. Strong experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting issues
* Build ETL best practices, standards along with ability to document
* Capacity Planning
* Code Migration and Version Control
* Team Player and Mentor teammates
* Hands-on experience in the installation, configuration, performance tuning of IBM IIS versions 9.x and 11.x on Linux including DataStage Extended packs (Salesforce, SAP BW, Data Masking, etc)
* Experience in working with various IIS Product Components like Information Analyzer, Information Governance Catalog, ISD and most preferably DataStage/QualityStage
* Experience in integrating GETK (Grid Enablement Tool Kit) & Platform LSF with DataStage
* Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting to automate application backup and recovery tasks
* Understanding setups of HA and DR with IBM IIS
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a complex matrix environment
* Self-motivated and a strong team player
* Desire to lead and take ownership of the projects.
* Ability to quickly grasp the business needs and be able to adapt to the changes•
Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Posting Date: 05/28/2019
Location: Plano, TX, BUILDING C, 7105 CORPORATE DR, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift