What you'll be doing...
Our customers have high expectations for our third party vendor platforms - speed, responsiveness and constant availability. That's where you come in. You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better architecture and solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Ensure appropriate on-call support for 24/7. Meet established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
* Primary point of contact for ticket resolutions, data transfer jobs, and morning system availability testing
* Coordinate with a team of production support engineers, including onshore resources both internal as well as from 3rd party vendors
* Manage Incidents and Problems - Triaging, logging, prioritizing, tracking, communicating and resolving, from beginning to end, the resolution of all incoming support requests
* Lead problem analysis and root cause analysis on key issues
* Coordinate incident response across multiple cross-functional teams, including third-party vendors
What we're looking for...
We're looking for a dynamic individual with a lot of heart. Communication, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to think on your feet are key skills for this position. You will be able to make a difference by partnering with business, providing candid jargon-less feedback while giving succinct details to vendors and coordinating IT partners
You'll need to have
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing and optimizing server architectures.
Even better if you have
* Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Window servers experience
* Basic understanding of SQL Server and Oracle
* Ability to create & run PBrun scripting to meet technical needs
* Advanced Troubleshooting
* Ability to analyze application and event logs
* Troubleshoot issues using Wireshark
* Prior experience administering Linux servers
* Understanding of Network and TCP/IP protocol
* Understanding of Cisco PG/SIP/Call Manager
* Experience with call center applications
* Experience in AWS and DevOps related tools
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.