Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world's leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We're looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. At Aurora, software engineers in Production Engineering are focused on reliably and quickly applying the benefits of large-scale distributed systems to dramatically accelerate the development and deployment of self driving technology. We balance the hardening of trailblazing approaches to infrastructure necessary for exploration of modern applied machine learning, with the discipline of knowing "the price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity."
* Lifecycle ownership of development/deployment/improvement for Aurora's production systems.
* Real-time rapid response, diagnosis, and mitigation for faults in our most critical infrastructures.
* Document, educate, train, and evangelize best in class approaches to infrastructure for machine learning, batch processing, and data analysis.
* Continuous introspection and improvement of system reliability, performance, and efficiency through monitoring, metrics, intentional fault injection, failure mode analysis, and incident review.
* BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
* Experience in Python. Expertise in other languages welcome.
* Experience in Linux software development and performance optimization.
* Deep understanding of complex systems lifecycle in public cloud and private infrastructure.
* Background in public cloud infrastructure, with a slight preference for Google Cloud experience.
* Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
* C++ programming
* Exposure to TensorFlow training pipelines and infrastructure.
* Understanding of object storage based data management and analysis.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We're one team. We're inspired by the challenge of what we're solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon's efforts in Darpa's Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google's self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla's Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber's autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley's best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.
<p>Aurora is a company developing software and hardware for the self-driving vehicle industry.