If you have a passion for solving business problems using technology, then we are looking for you to join our team! We're looking for a Product Owner with experience supporting custom applications to join our Core Retail Solutions team. You will develop requirements and help manage the product backlog for an agile team to help implement projects and enhancements to our custom-built ERP system. You will work with our partners to understand their operations, challenges and opportunities and translating these into system specific, applicable requirements that can be implemented. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Custom Retail Solutions.
* Support and lead user and technology requirement gathering sessions and translate requirements to software specifications, process flow diagrams and user stories.
* Collaborate with the Engineering team (Software Engineers and Architects) to develop and validate the solutions.
* Coordinate User Acceptance Testing to validate the implemented solution with users.
* Communicate with diverse internal partners and vendors.
* Create a backlog of user requests, features, requirements and user stories.
* Assist Senior Product Owners and Product Managers with research, technical analysis and ad-hoc data investigations.
* Use SQL Server to access and analyze data to investigate issues.
* Become an expert by communicating the requirements of our systems as we grow.
You will come with
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology or Science with 2 or more years of relevant experience in building or supporting complex software systems OR
* Master's degree in Engineering, Technology or Business Management 1 or more years of relevant experience in building or supporting complex software systems.
* Knowledge of Agile development practices (especially Scrum), methodologies and tools.
* Direct hands-on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements.
* Knowledge of relational database systems and experience using SQL Server to investigate and analyze data, strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with analysis and backlog management tools (e.g. Visio, Azure DevOps/TFS, Jira, etc.).
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience or education in retail, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, industrial engineering or similar industries preferred.
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Generous store discounts
* Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
* 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Disability & life insurance coverage
* Paid parental leave
* College tuition assistance
* Career development & product training
* Consumer classes
* & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.