The Product Owner is the person accountable on the Agile team for a project's performance and completion. The Product Owner leads the development effort by conveying his or her vision to the team, defines stories and prioritizes the Team Backlog so as to streamline the execution of product priorities, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components the team is responsible for.
Strong technical skills and knowledge along with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts combined with enough business acumen to prioritize initiatives and work with others on business and technical tradeoffs.
* Work closely with project stakeholders to develop and adapt the product vision. * Convey the vision and goals to stakeholders at the Demo, and to others in the company as required. * Communicate project/product status externally with stakeholders and others throughout the company. * Define and manage a timeline for product development, ongoing enhancements and system maintenance * Represent the stakeholders to the development team. * Understand Agile estimation approaches and allow the team to manage itself * Assist with the breakdown of Epics and Tasks into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint. * Write new user stories, and specify acceptance criteria for each user story. * Create and maintain the Product Backlog. * Prioritize and sequence the Backlog according to business value/ROI. * Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Demos and Retrospectives. * Define, track, and improve key metrics for team deliverables * Bridge the gap between technical needs and the requirements of the users * Become familiar with the organizational development practices, platform requirements, and project management framework * Manage product dashboard and communications to internal teams
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Solid verbal and written communication skills * Expertise communicating progress at each phase * Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills * Experience with OLAP cubes a must * Experience with one or more Big Data Analytics platforms (HP Vertica, Amazon Redshift, or similar technologies) * Software languages or Linux/UNIX is a plus
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment * Ability to communicate and exchange information * Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data * Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.) * Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals * May be required to work extended hours for special business needs * May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* MS SQL Server certification preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 2 years of experience in an Agile software development framework, preferably working in a fast-paced environment * 5 year track record of success at technology or healthcare focused companies
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.