At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to work closely with product designers and the rest of the marketing team to help set the vision for our education product portfolio and guide education product and program development from conception through launch. From determining segmentation, competitive analysis, core use cases, on-boarding, GTM planning, and core communications, you would play a critical role in the entire education product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS Education Product Marketing Manager:
- Help define education product and program vision, strategy and roadmap(s)
- Take insights and make them actionable in addition to identifying new ways to drive more revenue in different verticals
- Drive lead-gen strategies and activity and develop marketing content which feeds B2B lead generation (webinars, video content, white papers, special offers, etc.)
- Leverage customer data and “voice of customer” to identify and execute opportunities to improve the education experience; be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the product team and company
- Drive education growth in districts and buildings, while not forgetting classrooms and teachers, by tailoring products, marketing collateral, and programs to meet these high value customers’ needs
- Orchestrate the go-to-market plans for our educational products
- Partner with Product team to develop and/or deliver projects/demos for events
- Partner with marketing, community and sales teams to drive consistent positioning, messaging, branding and go-to-market strategy
- Identify, track and improve key customer metrics such as retention rates, reorder rates, AOV, share of wallet, etc.
- Drive post-launch marketing programs (e.g. summer camps, after school programs, classroom activities) for sustained education product growth
- Attend and drive littleBits brand messaging at key tradeshows and throughout the year
- Be a thought leader in the education space
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS DIRECTOR/LEAD, PRODUCT MARKETING:
Experience marketing hardware/software products and technologies in the education market
- Well-versed knowledge of the education stakeholders and customer landscape
Previous background in B2B product marketing roles
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into insightful business and product recommendations
- Experience with B2B lead generation and marketing automation platforms, Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, Bronto, etc.
- Experience with press and media
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Previous start-up experience preferred.