Product Manager Workday HCM Core
Robert Half is seeking a Product Manager Workday HCM Core, temp to hire who directs, designs, and implements a comprehensive product management and development strategy in a global team environment. Provides strategic guidance and subject matter expertise on functional area capabilities and limitations. Understands the "how" and the "why" Workday is configured at Robert Half, working with systems team to identify solutions and risks. Actively consultants with the global business units on requirements gathering, testing, training and release. Oversees full lifecycle of product enhancements and fixes, proactively communicating with global stakeholders throughout the entire project cycle. Ensures adherence to industry best practice, actively engaging with Workday Community on future releases. Encourages product innovation and alternative ways of approaching business. Key partner for global business units and system leads. Responsible for overall product(s) and project teams, including influencing the prioritization of projects and associated budgets. Develops project plans designed to address customer needs and available team resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Oversees all functional area product strategy and roadmap development, including the established list of global priorities for functional area. Ensures global business unit alignment and project prioritization based on an understanding of business needs and requirements. Thoroughly understands the needs of the business, evaluates Workday capabilities, and uses this information to determine what features to implement. Clearly communicates those objectives to Systems and Business partners, along with feedback on product strategy, to team members. Maintain clear and up to date list of key deliverables and timelines, developing plans to achieve those targets and proactively communicating progress to a variety of stakeholders. Ensures that the delivered product meets or exceeds the business' needs and business objectives. Establishes a compelling vision for the product or a general framework for making product decisions. Identify product risks and weaknesses, identifying behavioral or functional trends and actively working to mitigate. Closely partner with other Product Managers on global roll outs, working closely with HR Systems Leadership on global delivery strategy.
* Initial intake for enhancement and project requests and fixes. Anticipate the needs of the business, drawing on experience when providing recommendations. Key strategic, consultative resource and functional expert for the business. Lead brainstorming and requirements gathering workshops to help solve Liase with the systems lead to provide expert guidance and recommendations. Ensure timely delivery on KTLO and fixes, adhering to department service level agreements with business users.
* Lead global collaboration efforts to identify business needs and opportunities for enhancements and efficiency. Effectively communicate global impacts to affected populations and actively participate in impact assessments. Partner with HRIS Manager on escalations and cross-functional impact, serving as primary point of contact on follow up and resolution. Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to maintain transparency, consistency in delivery, and set expectations.
* Actively participate in Workday's semi-annual release process, engaging with release team on cross-functional initiatives and informing Business Leads of critical impacts and upcoming enhancement opportunities. In depth awareness of new and planned Workday functionality, actively engaging with the Workday Community to prepare and communicate changes that could impact business
* Direct business on necessary functional end to end and/or regression testing on all enhancements and fixes. Partner with Staff Development / Change Management on necessary communication for global functional changes, including updates to job aides and other materials. Direct the business on translation requirements and timelines. Develop and monitor parallel project tracks for translations and global communication initiatives.
* Maintain up to date documentation in tracking tools. Manage the ServiceNow Request process for functional area, ensuring that tickets are migrated to JIRA as appropriate
* Bachelor's degree: business, human resources, communication, or related field preferred; or equivalent experience
* 5-7 years of product management or project management required
* 3+ years managing / overseeing global projects preferred
* Prior experience on at least one global HR technology rollout (HR solution, Talent Performance, Recruiting, Compensation)
* Experience with global SaaS solution preferred (Workday preferred)
* Familiarity with online ticketing and tracking systems (JIRA, ServiceNow)
* Superb understanding and familiarity with Robert Half and/or Protiviti operations
* Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of system expertise
* Ability to communicate effectively with international constituents
* Ability to communicate complex technical information to less technical users
* Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources, with a full understanding of how Workday is configured for Robert Half and Protiviti
* Ability to create and understand detailed process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business process flow
* Ability to gather and synthesize requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners
* Ability to assist with fit/gap analysis based on requirements
* Ability to create detailed and complex test plans for medium-sized initiatives
* Ability to prioritize enhancement requests, successfully balancing business needs and system capabilities
* Demonstrated customer service abilities
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines
* Ability to execute based on directions from cross-functional teams
* Ability to conduct training and create impactful training materials
* Ability to create thorough and complex documentation
* Ability to facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information, and present status
* Adaptability and demonstrated good judgment
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.