Amazon Global IT (GIT) is seeking a PMT to build rigor in how Amazon leverages 3rd Party Applications. This individual will dive deep to understand how 3rd Party Applications are managed within Amazon and lead building a program enabling the business to make smart choices around how 3rd Party Applications are leveraged. The 3rd Party Apps Program will include product evaluation against existing applications and Amazon tools, procurement, the product lifecycle, and cost control measures.
The right candidate will possess a strong PMT background with experience partnering with globally distributed teams. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever-changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Strategic thinking, maturity, negotiation skills, and the ability to influence are essential to success in this role. Customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint are required to succeed in this role.
* Establish a 3rd Party Software Evaluation Framework to evaluate new and existing products. The framework will assist in determining if a product should be deployed at Amazon and will include tie-ins to Legal, Procurement, and Security processes.
* Build and maintain an inventory of current 3rd Party Software Products encompassing spend, user base, security risk, and other factors.
* Develop a 3rd Party Software Catalog storing information about those products deployed at Amazon as well as those that were not to deployed and why.
* Establish a data store to track all 3rd Party Software licenses and utilization with automated reporting for business owners to review named and orphaned licenses.
* Establish an intake mechanism to assessing new 3rd Party Software requests and help requestors identify alternative Amazon tools or existing 3rd Party Software to satisfy the business need.
* Partner with Procurement team to ensure we have a single contract for all 3rd Party Applications with negotiated rates.
* Influence the consolidation of Amazon and 3rd Party Applications product offerings including roadmaps, product strategy, design, and delivery approach.
* This role will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of 3rd Party Software products which will include driving product discussions, establishing product requirements from diverse customers/partners, researching solutions, usability studies, and establishing focus groups to identify benchmarks to solve customer problems.
* Drive decisions around when a new Product is needed (and when it is not) and atriculate the differences between two technology offerings
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.