Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is the foundation of Oracle Cloud development efforts for key products like the Oracle Autonomous Database and Oracle Applications delivered as a Service.
On this cloud foundation this development team has delivered an innovative set of developer oriented cloud native services including a Kubernetes service, container registry, serverless functions and several others.
This agile and fast moving development team is now building out a full fledged API platform to design, implement, publish, secure and monitor APIs for the overall cloud platform and is seeking a product management lead to work with the engineering team to flesh out the design and customer requirements as well as work to bring this net new product offering to market.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in on the ground floor of a net new service designed from the ground up native to the cloud and delivered to market with fresh new eyes on the market space.
What You'll Do
* Work with customers and development to refine and manage service requirements in the API management space. This will revolve around working directly with customers to understand their needs, translating them into requirements in the form of stories and epics in development tools like JIRA
* Work with development to ensure the requirements are delivered in a compelling fashion in the product and operate as expected and planned. This will include working with core engineering, user assistance and user experience professionals to build out the product proper, user experience and content supporting the service.
* As this is a globally delivered service across multiple data centers, work with the engineering team who both build, run and operate the service, to ensure 7X24X365 seamless operations
* Work with field professionals in multiple go to market areas - sales executives, solution architects, business development teams, consulting, marketing, analyst relations, public relations - to take the service to market. This will range from developing presentations and demonstrations to show the product, training sales personnel on product messaging and features, delivering hands on training to technical personnel, developing marketing messaging and sales plays with go to market counterparts, speaking to analysts and reporters as well as participating in industry related events and activities.
* This role and team will expand as the product goes to market over calendar year 19 and 20 and customer adoption increases. We anticipate a small team over the 12-18 months to be necessary to support all the activities in this service area.
* 5-10 years of product management experience; preferably with 5 years of being a product manager or product management team lead on cloud services of one of the major cloud providers like AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, Alibaba or others
* Deep familiarity with the API Management space - cloud competitors, industry approaches and players, ideally with an opinionated perspective on what capabilities and needs will be driving the space over the next 1-3 years.
* Familiarity and comfort with cloud development and deployment approaches and working with a high performing agile oriented development team that both designs, develops and operates their service offering
* Familiarity with common modern product management tools of the trade - JIRA, Confluence, common productivity tools like Word, Powerpoint and Excel
* Comfortable building and delivering presentations and product demonstrations to engineering teams, development executives, customers and customer executives
* Confident and strong writing and verbal skills to develop "one pager" design and guidance documents to drive consensus across diverse opinions and conflicting requirements
* Ideally familiar with other adjacent spaces to pure API management - application development, application integration, data integration, big data - will be helpful as the solution will be part of a larger portfolio of service capabilities in the data management and developer space of the Oracle Cloud.
* Resourcefulness in the face of unique constraints.
* Always iterating on ways to be more productive and effective.
* You capture and prioritize automation of toil tasks.
* General problem solving skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.