Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Industry leading Oracle Argus suite is part of the Oracle Safety and Pharmacovigilance platform that is used by top 29 out of 30 top pharmas. It is a rapidly growing, comprehensive pharmacovigilance platform that enables manufacturers to protect safety of patients and achieve global compliance.
As a member of Oracle Argus Product Management, you will be a product and customer champion, part of a passionate team that builds mission critical and innovative software that continues to establish the market leadership of the product and continues to enable its rapid growth especially on cloud. The team contains seasoned product managers and leadership that are passionate about the product and customers, and who have been core to the product for well over a decade, and some since its infancy. We are a roll-up-your-sleeves group with expectations that you will do the same. Managing this product requires that you enjoy engaging with customers and delighting them, diving into the details of complex customer business needs and distilling them into product features, coming up with new ideas that you can drive into viable product feature sets, and enjoy collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver successful features ensuring their adoption. In this role, you will work with customers, interact with health authorities and expert groups, as well as cross-functional teams to document market-appropriate requirements and communicate directly with developers to achieve successful feature completion. You will also participate in managing product/release adoption by internal and external audiences and vetting of product documentation. This position requires a talented, thoughtful, and driven individual who has a "whatever it takes" attitude.
Skills and Experience
* 10 years software industry experience on enterprise level software applications, preferably cloud solutions, with at least 2 years on a Safety/Pharmacovigilance application
* 5 years software product management experience
* Strong technical background through hands-on experience with software development lifecycle
* 2 years in a customer-facing role with passion for customer success
* Demonstrated ability to deeply understand customers' pain points, collect customer requirements and translate them into product features for successful implementation
* Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across various lines of business
* Highly self-motivated to work on tasks independently, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be sharp, energetic and results-oriented; able to prioritize, negotiate and focus in a rapidly evolving environment
* Excellent organization and project management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field is required
* Experience with Oracle Argus Suite of applications is preferred
* Experience of working within an agile development process is preferred
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.