At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Our team's mission is to provide reliable, efficient, and secure storage services tailored to Uber's needs. We accomplish this by being obsessed with making the developer experience magical for Uber's engineers, by building state of the art solutions that work on-premise and cloud, that scales for Uber's growth and future ambitions, while managing the cost of capacity, compliance and security needs.
Our specific products include having storage solutions that work in multi-region and multi-zone, support scale with distributed cache and distributed file systems, a scalable search platform and user experiences that allow for easy onboarding and management for disparate storage needs by Uber teams. We are responsible for all aspects of the storage experience, from provisioning, development, production administration that works across multiple apps, hundreds of teams, and thousands of engineers. Our team is a wide mix of distributed systems engineers, tools developers, search experts, and customer advocacy teams.
Our success will be determined by building great experiences end to end, highly scalable systems with predictable SLAs, surfacing actionable events to developers and SREs, and keeping laser-focused on the Uber engineers and SREs as our customers.
As a product manager, you will get a rare opportunity to impact all of Uber across different business units like Rider, Driver, Eats, Marketplace, Bikes, Scooters, etc. Are you in?
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mobile developer platform teams missions and objectives.
* Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
* Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
* Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. This will include impacting consumer facing and internal products.
* Challenge members of cross-functional team (engineering, data science, design etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
* Drive definition of and execution against go-to-market plan, including phasing and evangelization and adoption.
* Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
* Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to all Uber customers.
What You'll Need
* A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
* 3-7 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative infrastructure platforms with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
* Strong understanding of IaaS/PaaS and infrastructure technical domains
* Being data-driven is second nature for you. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
* A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
* A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
* Grittiness. You don't hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, enjoy learning new things, and you persevere when others fall away.
* Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
* A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.