Product Manager: New Platform Launches
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet.
As a Product Manager, you'll be in charge of managing one of the most cutting edge and mission-critical engineering projects at Roblox. You will be responsible for implementing and refining effective process and tools for your team, and you will lead the charge on internal and external communication about project milestones and dependencies. If you are insanely organized, communicative, passionate about team efficiency and morale, and care deeply about building the right solution in the right amount of time, you'll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Roblox Applications team.
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Experienced, with 5+ years in software development organization, and at least 3 years in direct technical project management. Experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
* An expert, having deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way, and have a demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them.
* Expertised with JIRA and Confluence or equivalent tools
* Extremely well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
* Communicative, having strong verbal and written skills, especially in the areas of teamwork and influencing skills and ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
* A leader, with the ability to manage and multi-task across multiple projects and teams.
* Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product owners to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects.
* Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
* Perform hands-on project management, including:
* Managing and maintain project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
* Facilitating regular scrum of scrum sessions and project reviews. Participate in individual scrum planning meetings as needed.
* Identifying significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
* Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
* Track and ensure release criteria are met.
* Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics across Engineering. Help with engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking
* Drive information sharing, and capturing and disseminating of best practices across
* Adapt to changing requirements from external partners (like Sony and Nintendo) as well as from the "universal App" as it takes shape and develops. Able to help teams come up with creative solutions to keep projects on track as these requirements evolve.
* Provide crisp, clear feedback to the Universal App team when to ensure that our Universal App can be effectively adapted for these platforms
* Be able to balance input from a wide variety of internal stakeholders with potentially competing priorities and timelines. Stakeholders will include Trust and Safety, International, Social, Discovery, Home, Lua Consoles / Mobile, Web/backend, and design
* Help in Test scope, devise, and implement automated testing solutions
* Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
* Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401k program
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Fitness reimbursement program
* Pre-tax commuter program
* Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination
ROBLOX is a comprehensive 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games and get them in front of a massive audience.