Are you looking to invent new products and features for a consumer-focused technology company with a global reach? Located just outside of Boston, TripAdvisor is among the largest tech companies on the east coast. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic product management, analytics and marketing-focused graduating MBA’s to join our MBA Product Management Rotation Program.
TripAdvisor’s mission is to unleash the full potential of every trip. By providing people-powered clarity and foresight for travelers, we help travelers all over the world have the confidence and satisfaction of knowing they are making the best choices of where to stay, what to pay, and what to do on all their trips.
Based at TripAdvisor’s Needham HQ, we offer a competitive fast-track rotational program geared toward MBA graduates. The program, launched in 2012, is focused on honing and developing your product management, business and leadership skills to accelerate your professional growth at the world’s largest online travel community. This is more than just a job - it's a potential career path with graduates of the program developing into product leaders within the company.
As a Product Manager participating in the program you will gain hands on experience building product on mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms while rotating through a variety of roles within TripAdvisor’s product management division including:
- Core Experience
Each rotation lasts approximately six months, and we anticipate that each associate will complete the Program within two years. PM’s will be evaluated on core competencies during each six month rotation and will also participate in a variety of experiential learning activities including a mentor program and lunch meetings with key members of senior-level management. At the end of the program, successful Product Managers will have the chance to be promoted to Senior Product Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to lead cross-functional teams in the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products across mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products effectively communicating key insights and results
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Support your product decisions by pulling data and collecting information directly from users.
- Drive product development with world-class engineers and designers. Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Effectively balance feedback from users with the business needs of the company, technical constraints, and make the right trade-off decisions.
- Understand TripAdvisor’s evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Effectively communicate product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the TripAdvisor organization including senior management, engineering, design, sales, PR, and customer support teams
What We Seek:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, preferably in strategy consulting, agency, or consumer/B2C Internet product management
- MBA required
- Demonstrated interest in technology and product management
- Consumer mind-set, always seeking to develop a better understanding of how users engage with a product and make decisions
- Ability to assess the quality of an existing user experience and to make concrete recommendations for how to improve that experience.
- Fluency with data, understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role, willingness to track down data to answer key questions, and ability to generate actionable insights
- Ability to effectively think through and describe solutions to complex problems
- Strong written /verbal communication skills. Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a convincing and organized manner.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with strong organization skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Willingness to learn, open to change and new information
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback; pursues self-development
- Flexible, adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Ability to define an overall vision and series of steps to drive toward that vision.
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Proactively identify and manage any issues blocking forward progress. Judgment to make the right trade-off decisions for the business in order to deliver projects in a high-quality manner.