Veracode, a recognized industry leader in Application Security Testing is looking for a dynamic and energetic Product Manager to shape the future of the Software Composition Analysis (SCA) product. This key and highly visible role will lead Veracode through the growth and the transformation of the open source software security space. This Product Manager will define the strategic direction, lead the product & technology strategy and develop plans to accelerate customer adoption and business growth. The job holder will also contribute to the overall technical and commercial strategy for the Veracode product family.
Software Composition Analysis (SCA) is a high growth product that helps organizations manage the security risk of open source components in their software application portfolios and is a key component of the Veracode Application Security Platform.
About the Role
In this role you will become a "thought" leader for the product both internally and externally. You will be primarily responsible for defining, communicating and executing the strategy for the open source security product offering at Veracode. This includes identifying and understanding the key DevSecOps industry trends, regularly communicating with customers and prospects, prioritizing and defining user requirements, writing complete and crisp user stories, and working with UX and engineering teams to deliver an excellent user experience. You will also be working closely with technology/ OEM partners, in addition to the Veracode's engineering team, to deliver on the bold product roadmap while adhering to a robust release schedule. In this role you will be visiting customers, attending industry events and presenting Veracode's open source security solution and strategy to customers, prospects and analysts.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Devising a compelling vision to drive forward Veracode's open source security testing solution that fits in with the principles of Continuous Delivery/ DevOps approach to the software development lifecycle
* Creating an annual roadmap, and updating it quarterly to ensure its timely delivery
* Meeting regularly with end-users and buyers to understand current needs and future requirements
* Defining and analyzing metrics that ensure the success of the product in the market
* Collaborating with stakeholders on feature requests and a backlog to assess priority, value, and development cost and then prioritizing development work accordingly
* Working with product marketing on product messaging, pricing/ packaging and competitive analysis
* Staying on top of new market space developments, and evaluating/ understanding competitive tools
* Providing an up-to-date, data driven view on the open source software security landscape to the rest of the organization
* Clearly articulating the product strategy to customers, industry analysts, and internal stakeholders
* Working independently as well as collaboratively with technology partners to promote open source security solution best practices to the market and within user communities
Qualifications and Skills
* 5+ years in product management, software development or related field
* BA/BS in software engineering, computer science or related technical field
* Experience with application development tools (IDEs, CI/CD, containers, etc.) either as a software engineer or a product manager
* Strong track record developing and managing an effective work relationship with OEM/ technology partner
* Demonstrated success in creating and executing on great a strategy/ roadmap for a high growth product
* Proven ability to balance the needs of the market (customer, prospects, partners, technology evolution) with the needs of the business (revenue, retention)
* Proven ability to make good prioritization decisions and tradeoffs within product backlog
* Strong business acumen with a desire to use data to inform decision making
* Ability to lead and energize cross-functional teams, especially peers in customer facing roles
* Adaptive communication skills to influence cross functionally without direct authority, comfort speaking with customers and business partners
* Passion for the technology, for developer communities, great product design and usability
* Confidence, creativity, and a competitive drive to seize market share from the competition
* Motivated self-starter with an agility and ability to manage ambiguity to deal with change and still meet business objectives
* A great listener with an aptitude and maturity for providing and receiving constructive feedback
* Development and/or UX experience preferred
This role will be based in Veracode's Burlington MA headquarters, and will require periodic travel.
See how Veracode's cloud-based application security services are the most powerful around at minimizing risks across web, mobile & 3rd party apps!