A Product Manager is a key leader in delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. In partnership with business leadership, they contribute to roadmap definition for the program, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams - who will execute on that vision. It is essential that the product manager understands how product enhancements change customer behavior and what trends are emerging in the market. They own socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. They partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. A successful Product Manager will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development in a matrix organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Own enhancement scope in the product path for mobile app experience.
* Work closely with Web Product Management partners to ensure mobile app work is aligned with analogous web functionality and user experience.
* Lead iteration planning, prioritizing and grooming backlog and prioritizing defects.
* Lead cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
* Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
* directly support primary objectives of the project.
* are appropriate in size for iterative development.
* include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
* take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
* Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
* Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
* Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
* Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the business user stories can be prioritized optimally.
* Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* College Degree required. CS degree or MBA preferred.
* At least 3-5 years of experience in Product Management in a Retail/Selling/Customer Service focused environment.
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
* This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills.
* Is able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
* Proactively anticipates/ identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
* Exercises sound judgment in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and asks for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.