Who We Are:
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We're revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we're just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
* Work with onshore and offshore engineering teams, perform backlog grooming and manage priorities across multiple teams.
* Perform business requirements analysis and determine project scope.
* Collaborate with the stakeholders to ensure the developments are aligned with the business needs.
* Use intuition, judgment and analytical skills (SQL) to chart out the technical requirements.
* Work with internal SquareTrade stakeholders to achieve consensus and craft a compelling product roadmap for SquareTrade's data solutions and backend application.
* Develop Product Requirements Document (PRD) and the technical specifications for new features, ensuring that the feature addresses SquareTrade's vision and the product's objectives.
* Understand available and potential implementation techniques and propose the most appropriate approach.
* Lead cross-functional teams to define business objectives, devise effective technical solutions, and manage implementation, which includes meeting with different stakeholders on a weekly basis and with the Engineering
* Development team on a daily basis to ensure the proper product execution.
* Take complex technical information and translate it for the business and development teams at SquareTrade who have non-technical backgrounds.
* Having a strong engineering background will help in working under different contexts.
* Communicate with both technical and business audiences.
* Master's degree, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Two (2) years of experience in job offered or as a Product Developer, Research Assistant or Senior Systems Engineer.
* Professional experience must include:
* Engineering systems;
* Analytical skills;
* Data analysis (SQL);
* Dimensional modeling;
* Reporting solutions;
* Project management;
* Product management;
* Programming languages, including Java; and
* REST API integrations.
* *Employer will accept any suitable combination of experience, training or education.
Some of the Benefits of Working @ SquareTrade include:
* Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy…we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
* Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401K matching
* Respect for your work-life balance
* Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
* A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
* Discounted gym memberships
* Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picinics in the park to running a 5K)