Fujitsu is a leading provider of customer-focused information technology and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting device technologies, highly reliable computing and communications products, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position us to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for our customers' success.
Product Line Manager
FUJITSU GLOVIA, INC. is a leading innovator in manufacturing ERP solutions, helping manufacturers and assembly companies domestically and worldwide optimize, manage and grow their operations. From single-location manufacturers to multi-national, multi-lingual, multi-currency corporations, FUJITSU GLOVIA offers the expertise and technology to deliver simple, yet scalable solutions that solve its customers' most complicated business problems.
The company's GLOVIA G2 manufacturing ERP software offers a highly visual and versatile interface that simplifies work-flow for non-ERP experts and improves end-user productivity. GLOVIA G2 is an extraordinarily adaptable, fully mobile system offering universal use on any device, operating system or browser with full database support on SQL Server 2014 and Oracle Database 12c.
Available as an on-premise or cloud-based solution, GLOVIA G2 integrates with a variety of lean manufacturing systems to help customers eliminate process inefficiency and improve productivity, quality, delivery and service.
Company headquarters are in El Segundo, CA.
This position is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Partner relationships, including both the products themselves and the interaction/integration of Glovia software with Partner software. This position may at times encompass such diverse roles as Development, QA, Documentation, Release Engineering, Operations, Support and Administration. In addition, this position provides assistance to Sales, Contracts and the General Counsel on contracts. The incumbent may also be called upon to write, manage and approve PRDs, at the direction of the EVP of Development. This entry level position will require training initially for development/technical area.
Reports to EVP, Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned:
* Provides support to various internal groups, including Sales, Pre-Sales, Professional Services, GCC, Development, Quality Assurance, Release Engineering, Marketing, and Contracts, and occasionally directly to customers, on the contents, installation, and use of Partner software and Glovia Starter Kits, including product demonstrations and instruction, as requested * Serves as technical liaison between Glovia and Partner companies, not only in terms of product releases and version control, but also in the management and escalation of support and product issues as necessary * Develops various objects or components using Partner software for inclusion in software releases, Starter Kits or Pre-Sales product demonstrations * Tests new Partner software releases, upgrades/updates, and bug fixes * Reads, reviews and provides editing suggestions to Partner contracts and amendments at the request of General Counsel * Writes PRDs for enhancements to Partner Product integrations. Writes/compiles PRDs for enhancements to Glovia product, and tests, reviews, and provides acceptance as necessary, as directed by the Director of Product Management * Writes installation documentation for various Partner products; writes Starter Kit installation and use documentation; writes Testing documentation; writes and/or edits Release Notes and Requirements guides for software and the Glovia support web site * Downloads, installs and maintains Partner software and Starter Kits for internal use, including various server environments and laptops * Creates and builds Partner product release CDs; creates and builds Starter Kit release CDs * Performs all required administrative functions necessary to the position. * Accurate, timely submission of timesheets for all time expended.
* Timely submission of schedules, project status reports and other relevant correspondence.
* Accurate, timely submission of all expense reports.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education & Training:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field. An advanced degree or MBA is a plus.
* No previous professional experience is required. Up to 2 years of related experience in Product Management, Product Marketing or Product Consulting capacity in a software development company is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues; able to work on problems of limited scope; able to follow standard practices and procedures; and able to receive detailed instructions on all work; OR
* Knowledge of Product Planning and Product Development cycles * Knowledge of glovia.com is a plus * Strong decision making and organization skills with proven leadership abilities * Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others * Excellent presentation skills * Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.