Product Designer - Twitter Video & Periscope
San Francisco, CA
Our design team is looking for a product designer to join us in shaping the future of video and live streaming. You'll get to work on Twitter Video and Periscope, both exciting opportunities to flex your design muscles and product thinking.
Who We Are:
Our team builds rich video experiences for Twitter and Periscope across consumer clients- iOS, Android, and web. Our mission is to be the first place people go to create, share, and watch video that is timely, relevant, and engaging.
We are a team of talented and passionate individuals from all over the world and from many different backgrounds, working together to build products reaching every person on the planet. We go beyond our daily work to also develop relationships, with activities such as taking cooking classes, having group dinners, or hiking around the bay area. We keep our teams small to encourage impactful contributions from all while promoting meaningful collaboration. We will both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career.
What You'll Do:
* Design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions for all things video on Twitter and Periscope
* Think about universal designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally
* Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our user researchers, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
* Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across various surfaces
* Collaborate with engineers and product managers to deliver high quality experiences
Who You Are:
* You have experience crafting meaningful user experiences on mobile devices
* You're a great teammate with excellent communication skills; you pride yourself on the ability to synthesize feedback from various sources
* You believe that prototyping your designs is essential to a healthy design process
* You have a finely tuned sense of when to ensure consistency with existing patterns and when to break the rules
* You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
* You have a curiosity to learn and a drive to share your knowledge with the rest of the team
* You are excited to explore and shape the future of video for millions of people on Twitter and Periscope
* 2+ years of experience
* A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
* iOS UX UI
* Android UX UI
* Experience or strong desire to deep dive into powerful interactive prototyping tools (Origami, Framer)
* Visual Design (including icon design)
* Web Design
* Skilled with Sketch, Illustrator
* Vector-based Illustration
* Motion Graphics
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.