Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We're looking for a Product Designer to join Twilio's Regional team and guide the end-to-end experience for developers and architects building global applications on top of Twilio. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design all touchpoints of the customer journey; including web Console, APIs, docs, helper libraries, and more. The ideal candidate will be able to think holistically about design across complex architecture, and take a human-centered approach with a systems-level mindset to design, build and iterate engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with large data sets while maintaining simplicity.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer with:
* Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
* Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
* Passion for talking with customers, and championing user needs.
* Ability to make a customer journey cohesive across regions and modalities.
* Understands the developer persona and API driven products.
* Comfortable with both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
* Good communication and organization skills, and advocacy for design methodologies and processes.
* Solid ability to present work, explain your point of view, and incorporate feedback gracefully.
* Understand and able to work within technical constraints, business requirements and tight deadlines.
* Fluency in current software development tooling and production environments including Sketch, Abstract, InVision, and JIRA.
* Possess a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Regional team, your responsibilities will include:
* Own and advance design for platform wide capabilities implemented across many teams and products.
* Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to design new products and improve existing ones.
* Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including user research, agile design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
* Distill complex technical requirements into intuitive user interfaces.
* Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient interface solutions within technical & time constraints.
* Collaborate with other Product Designers and participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products..
* Engage with our developer community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
* Regularly use, improve, and contribute to Twilio's Console Design System.
* Present designs to stakeholders at various stages throughout the design process.
The Regional team is focused on the global expansion of the Twilio Platform. Our team works with every product team at Twilio to bring new experiences and capabilities across the Twilio product line. Day to day, you will work with a small, focused, high performing team composed of senior product managers and architects. You will also work with designers and product managers across the organization to implement your design guidance. Regional Twilio is in demand by our biggest customers, you will work on high impact and high visibility projects and have the autonomy to craft a vision and the support to see it come to fruition.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.