Pax Labs, Inc.
PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be a key member of the Product team. You will incubate and grow existing products and be responsible for the development and launch of features that help users navigate the cannabis space and have even more control over their experiences. This role requires a high level of collaboration across most departments within PAX Labs, team leadership, and organization.
As the PAX Product Designer, you will:
* Create innovative experiences by delivering UX solutions, designs, and specifications
* Own and ideate responsive web experiences end-to-end to accomplish bold goals for our mobile-first users
* Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and make and prototype in high-fidelity
* Assist the engineering team throughout feature implementation, providing all necessary visual assets, styling attributes, etc.
* Engage with customers and learn quickly through research and iterative prototyping
* Leverage and contribute to the maintenance of a technical style guide.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a Product Design / UX / UI role designing web/mobile/desktop applications for front-end customer-facing companies
* Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
* Proven ability to solve problems and design strong solutions at a systems level
* Experience working in the consumer electronics space a plus
* Comfortable with cross functional collaboration between Research, Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
* High proficiency in Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design tools
* Experience creating mocks and prototypes to communicate your vision
* Experience working within the Material guidelines and principles
* A positive, "can do" attitude and willingness to learn or take on new challenges
* Understanding of the value of research and evidence-based design, experience collaborating with UX Researchers
* Experience working on UI-enabled hardware devices (is a plus)
* Ability to create beautiful, motion-based graphics and animations (is a plus)
* Navigate ambiguity autonomously and independently
* Bachelor's degree in Design, or equivalent experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs, Inc.
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.