At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber we are one of the largest geographical problem spaces in the world. The mapping tech that power's Uber's marketplace extends beyond what our customers see and beyond what traditional mapping companies are able to support. The spatial stack that Uber has built is amazingly complex, ripe for novel concepts to become realized, and powered by well tuned tools and platforms that extend beyond our core ride sharing marketplace. As a Product Designer on Maps you'll be a part of a small cross platform team that is crafting the engine to power the experiences that billions of people will see. The products you design will help expand our front-end experiences, smooth our city operations, and ultimately help the entire company from ride-sharing, to Uber Eats, to Uber Freight, and more. Uber's work in Maps has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as a team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position in our SF offices.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Work on complex interactive systems or products.
* Generate detailed mockups and product flows
* Create elegant visual design with thoughtful composition
* Communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
* Conducting stakeholder interviews integrating findings into final designs
* Set up metrics for challenging and novel problems
* Work with engineering teams to build assets, refine user experience, and produce high quality products
* Deliver end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
What you'll need
* at least 3 + years of experience
* The passion for maps and spatial technology
* Excitement for collaboration and maps
* Exceptional UX (interaction design) skills, strong UI (visual design) skills
* A portfolio demonstrating your high quality designs and problem solving ability
* Experience designing complex web tools for enterprise or consumer applications
* Experience working with data security, data visualization, fintech, or machine learning technologies
* Consumer mobile design experience a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong presentation and storytelling skills
* Ability to manage stakeholders, requirements, and deliverables independently
* Growth mindset
About the Team
The Maps team is a high-performance cross platform team with culture marked by rapid-growth and high-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Uber Maps is developing next generation mapping, tools, search, and location awareness through sensors and machine learning. As part of this effort, we're building a small group of uniquely talented and thoughtful designers to define the next generation platform and tooling that supports a variety of ambitious initiatives
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.