We're looking for a senior Product Designer to lead our Design Systems effort here at Asana. You'll set the vision for the system, processes, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed software. We've got some design systems veterans on our team who you'll be working alongside, too.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana's Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team. We're looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you'll achieve
* Be actively involved in defining the strategy for the system, as well as helping set the roadmap
* Creating the components for the system in collaboration with the product design team and leaders
* Thinking in terms of design systems and their impact, not just screens (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
* Acting as a leader and self-starter within the Product Design team
* Documentation and usage guidelines for components and patterns within the system
* Participate in design critique and product leadership feedback meetings
* Partner with engineers as they build and ship components
* Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
* 4+ years relevant design experience at a high-tech/product-driven company
* Experience designing digital apps and systems. You have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
* Clearly communicates design work with solid rationale for how the system will work and evolve
* A self starter who collaborates with designers, engineers, PM, marketing and other teams in the company to evangelize the design system
* An understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design
* Can understand, create, challenge, and follow a design system
* An understanding of web implementation technologies. No coding required, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is essential
* Nice-to-haves: previous design systems experience, familiarity with accessibility and localization
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, and Sydney, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.