Bmo Financial Group
We're on a mission:
Are you a curious thinker with innovative ideas and a passion for delivering market-leading digital customer experiences? Make your mark by helping us reimagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them. We're building a team of passionate people, working collaboratively in Agile, to reimagine banking for the digital age.
Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers' lives are changing - and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us.
We are building experience teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams work Agile, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. Self-managed and cross-functional, these teams are empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation. Being a part of the Design System team, you will play a key role in the design, development, and delivery of BMO's digital design system that serves cross-functional teams.
As a Product Designer dedicated to the Design System, here's what you will do:
* Participate in the creation and maintenance of the design system platform that will host BMO's Digital Design System
* Participate in a federated model of component consumption and contribution across BMO and BMO Harris Bank, North America, by participating in co-creation sessions, and creating prototypes to illustrate and align on emerging interaction patterns
* As part of a distributed design system team you will be the primary liaison for the BMO Harris Bank public and secure digital properties, ensuring that those properties align to the design system in a way that minimizes design debt
* Create interaction pattern specifications and guidelines of use for the design system components
* Create the visual design and styleguide for new and/or optimized components using the BMO Digital Visual Language
* Ensure that designs contributed to the Design System can scale across the digital ecosystem through reviews, user research, and alignment to established patterns and standards
* Conduct audits across the digital ecosystem to determine and report on the level of design debt and usage of the design system
* Consult with designers on applying the accessibility guidelines as part utilizing the design system
* Collaborate with development teams in prototyping, testing, and releasing system components
What makes you a great fit?
* 3 years' digital design experience
* Firm understanding of and experience designing for responsive web and mobile app design
* Expertise in interaction design with the ability to create a visual design using an established visual language
* Knowledge of UX/UI principles and best practices, user-centered design, and design thinking
* Experience working across the project life cycle, within cross-functional teams, and using lean/agile design practices
* Proficient with design software such as Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision
* Collaborative, team player with strong communication skills
* Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
About Bmo Financial Group
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.