Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company's portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company's newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming. For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
Job DescriptionABOUT GLOBAL PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY
We are a global group of designers, product managers, engineers, strategists, and researchers dedicated to building innovative, user-centric products. As designers, we have expertise in user experience design, visual design, content strategy, and design research. We partner closely with product management, engineering, editorial, and business partners to strategize, design, and launch successful world-class digital media products.
As a designer, you're inspired by big-picture problem solving and expanding your craft. You have a passion for product design and storytelling, bringing critical thinking and vision to your work.
* Experience shipping visual and user experience design on real products
* Solid product design execution skills; experience launching mobile and web products
* Understanding of current web technology capabilities and limitations (html/css/jquery)
* Experience prototyping, iterating and refining design solutions based on user feedback
* Familiarity with design research methods and how user insights/behaviors inform design decisions and strategies
* Experience creating design artifacts (user journeys, wireframes, functional specs)
* Comfort working within existing UX + visual systems while also knowing when to break out and make new extensible patterns
As a member of the product and technology group, you're a solid contributor and an enthusiastic collaborator with engineers, product managers, designers and team leaders.
* Able to create design solutions based on specific product requirements; interest in shaping requirements
* Familiarity with how adjacent disciplines (strategy, product, research, tech, etc.) relate to design
* Flexible working style; comfortable with a collaborative and iterative design process and working closely with engineers to ensure pixel-perfect implementation
* Some experience presenting design work to others, strong articulation and speaking skills
* A holistic approach to problem solving; visual thinker and rapid synthesizer of information
* Experience with, or a desire to learn how to work within a globally distributed team
As a teammate, you show a desire to raise the bar and to inspire others.
* Ability to establish a perspective and articulate the thinking behind design decisions
* Experience providing and receiving critique; works with feedback gracefully and productively
* Proactive style; ability to take direction from senior team members while also showing initiative
* Involvement with the design community at large as we increase the visibility of Condé Nast's growing capabilities across digital strategy and experiences
* A love of cultural brands and an interest in driving the future of storytelling which will help frame the larger context we are working within, including the nature of an advertising-driven business
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.