As a Product Designer, you will be a part of the Design team and will work closely with fellow Designers, Product Managers and Front-end Engineers, driving UX and UI for applications and features centered around our Natural Language Generation technology. These responsibilities include designing user flows, wireframes, and pixel-perfect mockups; building prototypes, and conducting user research and usability testing (through a variety of mediums).
We're looking for someone with a great sense of aesthetic, an intuitive understanding of how to make complex ideas accessible and complicated workflows tractable, an ability to articulate and stand up for their ideas while also being open and amenable to feedback, a drive to collaborate, a penchant for solving complex problems, and an eye for detail. Also, we're fun to work with (at least we tend to think so), so you should be too - we value our community here as much as any other aspect of the company.
You will be joining a nascent Design team at a fast-paced company with a lot of amazing work ahead of us, so you should be a highly motivated self-starter as well as someone deeply invested in and excited about the mission of Narrative Science.
* Creating world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market and user research, product requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
* Developing conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes (either by coding or with tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc) to communicate your ideas and test with users
* Designing the UI elements of applications and features (adhering to our style guide or helping evolve it as necessary)
* Helping maintain detailed user-interface specifications
* Defining goals and metrics for the sake of data-driven design iterations
* Adapting as necessary - we have a series of ongoing, long-term initiatives that require UX/UI attention. Given the size of the team you'd be joining, you should expect to have a few balls in the air at once.
* 2 to 5+ years of professional UX/UI design experience for web or desktop applications
* Understanding of hypothesis-driven design, including the design research process (qualitative interviews, focus groups, moderation, and information synthesis) and design-thinking principles
* Experience Sketch/Illustrator and/or Photoshop (or equivalent)
* Expertise with user interface design patterns and methodologies
* Proven ability with user testing and related methodologies/tools
* Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalent)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field
* Experience with designing enterprise application/platform tools
* Experience with designing BI/Data Management tools
* Coding knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
* Exposure to Agile/Scrum
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio or samples of work.
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science creates software that writes stories from enterprise data to drive understanding and results. Powered by artificial intelligence, our technology automatically turns data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge. Narrative Science works with customers including Deloitte, MasterCard, USAA, and members of the U.S. intelligence community, empowering them to understand and act on key business metrics, make better decisions, and focus talent on higher-value tasks -- all through the power of data storytelling.