As a Product Designer at Weedmaps, you will create intuitive design solutions for native and web products that serve millions of users worldwide. This role will work closely with product owners, designers, and engineers to see products and features through from concept to implementation. Bringing solutions to the table early in the product development cycle and anticipating the areas that design can solve problems.
You'll be creating user flows, wireframes, pixel perfect comps, interactive prototypes, and know how to best use these tools to properly communicate your vision using a strong understanding of user-centered design principles. These tools will help you bring solutions to the table early in the product development cycle and anticipate the areas that design can solve problems. You will also be establishing and adding to design systems that touch a variety of products. Must thrive in a highly collaborative and agile product environment and be skilled at selling and defending work while professionally responding to feedback. You should also have an understanding of user testing and research practices to augment the design process. Come be a part of a team of designers & creatives passionate about creating a collaborative and exciting environment while shipping industry changing products. This is a full-time position located in our Irvine office.
* 3-5 years of professional design experience.
* Advanced design skills in most facets of product design
* Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing best practices in partnership with product teams.
* Design, plan, and resource user research projects
* Has shipped several products/features over the years and understands what it takes to create awesome products
* Knows how and when to use data to help inform design decisions
* Experience working with design systems
* Can take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail
* Can lead medium-sized projects
* Influences other team members outside his/her own project
* Can clearly communicate design decisions
* Has a good work ethic and attitude towards growing
* A portfolio featuring examples of UI & UX work
* Collaborates with engineering, product, marketing, and other departments to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions.
* Works collaboratively with the product manager on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces. Interactions, and prototypes
* Personally contributes towards squad and chapter goals
* Contributes to the growth of our design system and holistic product experience
* Pair with front-end developers to ensure designs are executed according to spec
* Participates in team reviews/critiques at various stages of the product life cycle
* Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
* Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
* 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
* Accident Insurance
* Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
* Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
* All the equipment that you need to get your work done
* The fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
* Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required," but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!