As a CompStak product designer, you will work with a small, nimble team to build elegant and intuitive CompStak products to delight our users. We put our customers first and take pride in designing consumer-grade UX for an underserved financial market. Are you up for the challenge?
Your day to day:
* Solve design problems from beginning to end: translate research findings and data into ideas, screens and workflows
* Sketch and prototype ideas for testing and experimentation
* Develop a deep understanding of our users and clients through qualitative and quantitative research
* Think broad and wide on many alternative solutions to a given problem
* Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
* Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
* Work with other designers, product owners/managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
* Collaborate closely with developers to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products
On your first week, you'll...
* Get acquainted to the product design process/system and understand all the on-going projects.
* Participate in sprint planning and understand development process.
During your first month, you'll...
* Develop a deep understanding of the user problems
* Actively collaborate with the product and engineers to solve user problems through design exploration, ideation and user validation
* Have ownership to design one large product feature
* Design low-fi to hi-fi mockups to optimize user flows within the product.
* Contribute towards product research.
Within 3 months, you'll...
* You'll have design ownership of at least one product area
* Deliver design solutions, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
* Start to drive UX best practices (analyzing tasks, model information, navigation and flows) across organizations
* BA in design or a related field, 5+ years of UX design experience
* Portfolio of UX design samples in web and mobile applications
* Command of web design best-practices, common UI patterns
* Track record of user tested proven designs
* Iterative designer, able to generate multiple ideas to solve a problem and work based off feedback (designers, stakeholders, customers)
* Command of Sketch, Zeplin, Framer X, Principle, Invision, Adobe CC, Jira, Confluence
* Working knowledge of HTML / CSS (markup)
* Commercial or finance product design experiences a plus