Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world's most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented mid-level Product Designer who is passionate about solving problems with technology. You will work from the beginning to the end of product building from conceptualizing ideas into testable prototypes to delivering engineering-ready UI assets. Working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Machine Learning, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success you will get to design new products and improve existing ones.
* Build out the user experience for specific product initiatives while partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and Machine Learning.
* Work with our existing Design System and help scale it.
* Conduct and help facilitate workshops, interviews, and other research in order to validate design decisions.
* Translate research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features.
* Communicate ideas and concepts by building low and high-fidelity prototypes to capture end-to-end UX flows and microinteractions.
* Deliver engineering ready UI assets with impeccable visual design.
* Create high quality and consistently usable, beautiful and inspiring product features.
* Work on initiatives that elevate the design of our products. This would include working on functionality within the core platform as well as constantly considering improvements and updates.
* Contribute to the organization of Figure Eight's Design System while partnering with the rest of the design team and while consulting with engineering.
* Some experience designing enterprise products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products within an agile environment.
* Proficient in visual/UI design and possibly illustration. You are passionate about staying up to date, you have a good eye for spotting good design and crafting engaging interactions.
* Portfolio of relevant design work, executed by yourself that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love.
* 3-5 years of experience as a Product/UI Designer.
* Ability to empathize with all kinds of users providing ease, trust, and delight.
* You have both soft and hard skills. You are the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering and get the team to envision what could be.
* You are constantly sketching and iterating on user flows and UI patterns.
* Interest in designing intelligent interfaces powered by machine learning systems that assist and augment human intelligence.
* A passion for customer-driven and user-centered design. Eager to co-facilitate design thinking sessions with product and design leads and help conduct other research processes.