Product Design Lead
The product team here at TRON doesn't just create products, we create technologies that revolutionize the web. We believe in a better Internet: one that's powered by people. At TRON, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights informing product strategy and guiding the design of the experiences we create. Our team is passionate about quality, usability, and performance. Come help us build exciting new products based on market research and user-centered design principles.
We are looking for a Product Design Leader (5+ years of experience) to lead our growing product design team. You have a passion for user-centered designs, and a desire to build unified user experiences across different devices and products. You will oversee an end-to-end design process including high-level user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
* Manage and coach a small team of product designers to ensure understanding of users and requirements and on-time delivery of a coherent user experience across our product portfolio.
* Develop and refine our design process and organization.
* Collaborate closely with product managers and software engineers, to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
* Develop product designs across desktop, mobile, and web products and a cryptocurrency wallet to provide a seamless user experience.
* Design from a deep understanding of peer to peer software and cryptocurrency, including user expectations of both privacy and security.
* Design based on known UI/UX conventions; meet design parity with existing industry leaders, and then iterate to delightful, innovative experiences unique to TRON/BitTorrent.
* Oversee research, market research analysis, prototypes, A/B tests and usability tests to guide design and development decisions
* Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
* Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
* Build strong relationships, influence and partnerships with stakeholders to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
* Understand the technical limitations behind your designs and effectively communicate your designs to engineers and incorporate their feedback.
* Both a strong individual contributor when necessary, as well as an experienced lead, mentor, or manager for at least one year.
* A very strong and organized written, visual, and verbal communicator, with the ability to document and communicate design ideas and concepts to PMs and engineers, building an organized repository of design artifacts.
* An expert in UX research, interaction design, information architecture, user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
* Adaptable. Experienced with agile design practices. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
* Constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
* Knowledgeable in P2P products and Crypto Wallets is a plus.
* Comfortable with ambiguity, and a willingness to take on tasks outside your comfort zone.
* A natural collaborator who sets ego aside and synthesizes input from all quarters in order to ship the best possible product.
Please include your portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BitTorrent is an Internet technology company.