Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma IQ is an independent affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, dedicated to being a partner to some of the most established companies in the insurance industry. Aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data, Two Sigma Insurance Quantified utilizes technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the industry. For more information, visit twosigmaiq.com.
Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources of a well-established company. We are building the technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modelling and production services. This platform will be cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilising several of the Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, Redshift, Lambda etc.) as well as custom software.
Our Product Technologists ensure our customers' "secret sauce" in how they review and price policies are brought to life in our platform. Working as part of the implementation team, our Product Technologists are very customer focused, detailed programmers, and team-players. As a team, the implementation team ensures that client on-boarding / implementations are delivered successfully hitting all milestones. As part of the broader organization, the Product Technologist is a primary source of information for our product management and engineering teams on product performance in the field.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Primarily tasked with customer facing engineering tasks, working closely with our external partners to translate business needs into technical requirements, as well as coordinate with internal engineering teams to prioritize and execute partner needs. This will start with what we call Product Configuration, which involves working closely with our partners or customers to understand what insurance products they sell and configuring them in our system.
* Customer facing engineering tasks such as demos, refinement of requirements, developing best practices for extending our platform, and helping partners/customers better understand how our platform and APIs work.
* Work with Product Management to influence the Product Roadmap, by identifying implementation pain points for customers. Assist in the development of features and enhancements on our products where it makes sense.
You should possess the following qualifications:
* Ability to partner with external users to analyze technical requirements and translate into technical solutions. Experience working directly with a customer or at a customer site is preferred
* Understanding of Property & Casualty commercial insurance is preferred
* Experience with the following programming languages and frameworks preferred
* Experience defining requirements for programming interfaces
* Experience with agile development practices
* Experience building software on top of a cloud or SaaS enterprise offering
* Experience with either insurance software implementations or SaaS workflow/analytics implementations.
* Experience working with clients/3rd parties to scope projects, define requirements, measures of success, key dependencies, and align prioritization with strategic goals and objectives
* In addition to being a product expert, requires experience to always be professional, rational and collegial to customers. As this person is responsible for customer implementation success, provides the implementation credentials to establish trust with their customers.
* Willingness to travel.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.