Information Technology Product Analyst/Owner
* ID: 44543
RR Donnelley is a Fortune 500 company providing global print and digital solutions to more than 60,000 customers, spanning major industry verticals, in both public and private sectors. We are the leading provider and market leader continuing to improve our offerings through product innovation and developing a next generation of B2B and B2C products.
This individual will be part of an Agile business development group focused on collaboration with development teams and stakeholders at any level to deliver on product and program requirements. The Analyst is responsible for gathering and articulating requirements to the product team, supporting development of life cycle improvements to varying business needs such as back office and financial, order management, production readiness, manufacturing, marketing, and analytics.
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, apply product analysis skills supporting delivery of technical projects. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical and business teams.
* Serve as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
* Act as a subject matter expert for your team's product/feature areas
* Own risk identification, mitigation strategies, impact analysis, resolution, and communications to stakeholders
* Manage functional production issues from identification & prioritization through resolution Communicate product delivery status to internal and external stakeholders
* Continuously look for process improvements within the product development lifecycle
* Evaluate product release performance against success metrics and customer feedback and use this information to provide recommended improvements
* Use diverse professional experience and broad knowledge of both business and technology to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve complex technical or business issues
* Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
* Analyze and design new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
* Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development.
* Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution.
* Recognize the business's needs and the implications of change. Formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
* Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
* Partner with business architects and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements.
* Translate requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements.
* Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
* Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan.
* Continue to build on technical and business knowledge. Seek out innovations in process improvement, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
* Mentor junior level Analysts in business requirements gathering methodologies and documentation best practices.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience (List specifics) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* Experience with development of e-commerce products
* Previous experience with global applications
* Prior product management, software project management, or software program management experience.
* Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion.
* Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
* Excellent knowledge of desktop software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
* Able to communicate complex concepts, problems and solutions clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization.
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Experience building customer facing applications is a huge plus
* Prior marketing, retail, consumer brand industry experience is a plus
* Previous experience using web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) is a plus
* Previous experience with distributed teams
* Past experience in other software development related roles (e.g. development, design, or QA) is a plus
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer