Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman's Knowledge Services (KS) team has developed tools that support the capture of deliverables & intellectual capital from client engagements, introduce consultants to proprietary knowledge, support new business development, and visualize knowledge use and performance across the company.
We are seeking a Product Analyst to support various products within KS, especially our knowledge & intellectual capital platform "KNOW." Examples of projects for this role would include developing software mockups and prototypes of software changes, and documenting technical specs for improvements to our knowledge platform, working with developers through the coding cycle to refine specifications, working with our App Support Team to manage bugs & issues, partnering with our consultant Advisory Board to generate new enhancement ideas, amongst others. Overall, the role will strategically impact the way Oliver Wyman consultants work and leverage institutional knowledge.
* Independently define and document technical details of software changes
* Understand business needs and assist generation of new enhancement ideas
* Assist developer decision-making throughout enhancement coding cycle
* Assist in messaging & rolling out changes to our knowledge platforms
* Develop tools & analyses to assist KS managers in leading their teams
* Develop detailed specifications for enhancements across KS systems
* Test new features on the KNOW system
* Manage workstream of bugs and issues
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering is preferred
* 3+ years' of work experience with process work and IT work
* Software product experience required
* Experience in financial services, management consultancy and/or professional services environment is preferred
Skills and Attributes:
* Strong analytical and planning skills
* Empathetic-able to see processes & experience things from many perspectives at once
* Attention to detail
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage one's own time
* Self-starter who has an appetite for learning and is driven to excel and grow
* Sharp intellect, self-confident and highly articulate, with a style which is both proactive and responsive
* Creative and innovative thinker who pushes boundaries when necessary
* Excellent writing and verbal skills are essential
* Ability to manage a heavy work volume and meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment
* Service focused - dedicated to meeting the expectations of all staff through securing effective relationships with clients and executing deliverables to the highest standards
* Problem solver - able to work with other teams and staff members effectively to reach a viable solution and goal
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.