Tyler Technologies is looking for a leader excited about the opportunity to grow a dynamic product that has a very clear purpose of supporting and providing new tools to the public sector. A successful Product Owner needs a high level of energy to address day-to-day issues and drive the product forward with a strong vision.
The Product Owner is responsible for the direction of assigned products. This responsibility will exist throughout the product life cycle from idea through development, launch, operation and end of product life. Responsibilities include taking ownership of the execution of the strategic vision of the Incode 10 Financials products, maintaining a prioritized backlog, supporting Sales, preparing all appropriate internal and external stakeholders for the release of new features, etc.
* Act in an expert capacity for assigned product(s), providing an understanding of detailed client requirements.
* Responsible for owning a prioritized backlog to ensure projects are handled in a timely manner.
* Establish a regular cadence with user base to demonstrate new features, explain changes to product and share vision of the future.
* Responsible for ensuring use cases and technical specifications meet client requirements.
* Ability to provide sales support by assisting in responding to RFPs as well as potentially performing on-site demonstrations.
* Responsible for launching new releases to the organization and ensuring successful adoption across product-line teams.
* Contribute to the advancement of the team environment through integrity, leadership, and continuous knowledge transfer.
* Coach staff and team members, building professional skills and domain knowledge.
* Responsible for the design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the software.
* Learn and analyze client business requirements, enhancing knowledge as experience grows in the position.
* Embrace learning and growth to gain expertise and grow in position.
* Enables team to think creatively and out of the box, providing team with ideas, resources, and support.
* Promotes a positive environment across the organization by modeling positive and productive behavior.
* Tailors communication to a variety of audiences and perspectives and anticipates issues to prevent conflict.
* Independently works on highly complex issues requiring detailed and in-depth evaluation and analysis of variable factors and a creative approach.
* May solve ambiguous, undefined problems with no clear solution or approach that reach beyond product/service boundaries.
* Consistently deliver successful product/service deliverables which appeal to the user's sense of style and aesthetics as well as their functional needs.
* Accept ownership for a group of products/services and ensure delivery of the expected value to the customer while meeting business objectives.
* Advanced level, possessing broad and unique expertise in the Financials domain.
* Strategic understanding of the timing and rationale for design choices.
* Critically important to be able to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and clients
* Strong software design skills and ability to lead staff in design and understand technical constraints
* Familiar with the Tyler User Design testing process. Experience leading the entire process (sketch, create prototype, led user testing session(s)) a plus.
* A minimum of 7 years of experience with Tyler products.
* Ability to travel periodically throughout the year to client sites, product demos, user meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments.