We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we're building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let's shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
You will be critical as our team reinvents Square from a Product company to a Platform Company. The Developers team builds out Square's 3rd party Developer Platform. We own the end-to-end developer experience. Your work will span ownership across the 3rd party Developer Experience, our App Marketplace, the e-Commerce payment form, in-app payments, and hardware payment APIs. See more at https://developers.squareup.com. We are a focused, and rapidly growing team with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities.
Our products and responsibilities include:
* APIs and SDKs for eCommerce, the Register Point of Sale, In-App Payments, Reader SDK, and many other products
* Developer engagement funnel and growth optimization efforts
* Developer experience products: documentation site, developer portal, and interactive tutorials that help all developers try out and succeed with our platform
* Building a data and analytics platform to accelerate internal teams API products
* An App Marketplace that helps millions of merchants integrate solutions for their business, and helps developers reach companies building entire businesses on top of the Square Platform
* Partner with Square's Developer Platform product teams to inform product strategy using data analysis
* Use your experience in analytics tools and scientific rigor to produce actionable insights
* Act as an advocate of data driven culture at our company: be the subject matter expert on your product and its data, and analytics at Square in general
* Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models
* Build visualizations that expose the health and performance of our products
* Communicate key results in verbal, visual, and written media
* Work with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions
* Have fun!
* 3+ years of industry experience using data analytics to produce impactful insights in payment, product, marketing, or business roles
* Ability to self-prioritize and work in collaboration with multiple product managers, engineering managers and marketing managers as a front-line analytics partner
* Experience working with early stage products on data model design, data logging, and data validation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and trust with our partners
* Understanding and experience to own data infrastructure pipelines (Airflow)
* Fluency with SQL
* Experience in common data, analytics, and visualization technologies (Looker, Amplitude)
* Experience (or ability quickly ramp up) in programming or scripting to enable ETL development
* Experience (or ability quickly ramp up) in a version controlled coding environment (like GitHub or Bitbucket)
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.