Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Producers, we reside within the Product Management discipline at Riot Games and help lead the vision of individual products across the finish line. We also assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, a new game mode for League of Legends, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs. That's where you come in.
As a Producer on the Competitive team, you will guide the strategy and delivery of new competitive experiences within League of Legends. You will create systems that push players to constantly improve their play, providing interesting and dynamic goals for them to pursue. You will also provide daily support to ensure the smooth operation, and continuous improvement, of live systems including matchmaking. You will be responsible for defining what success looks like and for building a clear plan for the development team to achieve it. You will partner with other producers, as well as a diverse cross-discipline group of developers, to shepherd ideas from concept to launch to support.
* You will lead the creation of the product roadmap, ensuring that it delivers on the outcomes defined by League's overall strategy
* You will be accountable for product quality and successful delivery of Competitive systems
* Ensure continued health and operation of existing Competitive systems, including Ranked and Matchmaking
* Monitor and tune developmental work systems and processes
* Regularly assess the team's maturity, health and composition and ensure the right staff are on the team and working on the right thing
* League of Legends affinity: You love playing League and possess a solid understanding of competitive gameplay experience
* Tested leadership: You've lead development endeavors and have a track record of building conditions for success for medium to large size teams.
* Systems thinker: You take a holistic systems thinking view of the product development life-cycle and adapt processes accordingly.
* Champion of culture: You know how to work with and encourage a diverse group of developers, and create a culture of inclusivity that is supportive for everyone.
* Technical acumen: You understand how game clients interact with services and are comfortable leading engineering-heavy teams
* Agile product understanding: You've led product backlogs and know your way around a product roadmap.
* Minimum 3 years experience in a production role in leading game development teams ideally focused on complex gameplay or progression systems
* Experience leading teams through the full feature development lifecycle (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
* Experience leading cross-discipline software development teams using agile methodologies
* Experience working on a live game is a plus
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.